Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent: Fog light fuse??

ravve

Hi,

My first post here :)

I have a Ford SMAX -2013 2.0TDi and I can´t find in the manual what fuse that goes to the front fog lighting?

I can find it in the manual for previous models, but not for my model.

Plz if anyone knows which fuse that goes to the fog lights, I really would appreciate it!

Thanks, Ill check that out! Where is fuse 13 located, in the trunk, passanger side, or..?

Thanks again, really appreciated! lets hope it is number 13 🙂 Strange that the manual dont mention it..

its the fuse box in the passenger footwell. 15 amp mini fuse

So, just pulled fuse 13, but the fog lights are still working. 😞

Yes, I want to pull the fuse to make them NOT work (long story but that is my only option).

Any other suggestions on what fuse it could be?

Ironically it's not listed in the manual for the mk4 focus either or I've missed it 🤔

You wouldn't by chance be trying to stop the stupid "Cornering" lights from working ?

As a last resort you could take the bulbs out. There is one problem, if the car has fog lights fitted then it will need them working when it goes for an MOT.

I really need the fog lights (not turning lights) to be not working. Actually the reason is specifically MOT, here in Sweden it is OK to disable the fog lights, as long as u do it before u go to the MOT.

So plz, if anyone knows the fuse, tell me! 🙂

Bad news I think. The fog lights share a supply with other lights and the Lighting Control Module. Try fuse 33 in the passenger footwell, it should kill the fog lights but I think it will also kill quite a lot more.

Is there a reason you don't just take the bulbs out ?

Seems strange fuse 13 didn't work. 

Screenshot_20210316-171955.png

Is the circuit diagram not for the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel (2006-2009) and not the 2013 model you have ?

Yep, your right. Bad news is there isn't a fuse. Power is controlled internally by the bcm( passenger fusebox. So only option is unplug the lamps. 

• Like 1

Oh, damn :( well is it hard to unplug them? I guess i'll have to pull the connectors behind the fog lights?

If so, are the connectors hard to reach?

Will a warning light cone on the dashboard if I remove the connectors?

Im really a newbe at this, sorry ;)

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to either of your questions for sure. I expect you might be able to reach the back of the lights from under the front of the car but I'm not sure.

Will a warning light come on the dashboard --- I don't think so, but there are so many diffrent software / designs it might but then again it might not 🤪

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club