Do Not Sell My Personal Information

latest sync?

steve67

hi all.

my son has a 2018 fiesta, sync version 3.0.20.** f6 maps

what is the latest sync version available from ford?

we have tried a download but it seem stuck in a loop asking for usb to be left in, updates after restarting the car.

any advice?

cheers

Latest sync is 3.4 and f9 maps.

I don't think earlier models can go this high without the embedded modem unless they use 3rd party software.

2 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Latest sync is 3.4 and f9 maps.

I don't think earlier models can go this high without the embedded modem unless they use 3rd party software.

Cheers.. how do I know what is being download from the ford sync site?

Not sure about the Ford site, other than maybe download and install one by one until there are no more updates. After updating I believe a file is generated and has to be uploaded to Ford(?) So they know what version the car is running for future updates. Again, not 100% on this but someone else will be able to help further I am sure.

Updates on mine and the Mrs car are now done by the car via WiFi.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Not sure about the Ford site, other than maybe download and install one by one until there are no more updates. After updating I believe a file is generated and has to be uploaded to Ford(?) So they know what version the car is running for future updates. Again, not 100% on this but someone else will be able to help further I am sure.

Updates on mine and the Mrs car are now done by the car via WiFi.

My son's WiFi never seems to update..even though it's working/ connected..

3 hours ago, steve67 said:

hi all.

my son has a 2018 fiesta, sync version 3.0.20.** f6 maps

what is the latest sync version available from ford?

we have tried a download but it seem stuck in a loop asking for usb to be left in, updates after restarting the car.

any advice?

cheers

Latest official release from Ford for a 2018 Fiesta with Sync3 is 3.0 Build 20204 - Latest maps are currently F9.

Despite WiFi connectivity the only way to update the original Sync3 is via USB. If you have navigation you’ll need a 64gb USB drive formatted to ExFAT.

Updates can be downloaded from Ford.co.uk 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aldridge Andy said:

Latest official release from Ford for a 2018 Fiesta with Sync3 is 3.0 Build 20204 - Latest maps are currently F9.

Despite WiFi connectivity the only way to update the original Sync3 is via USB. If you have navigation you’ll need a 64gb USB drive formatted to ExFAT.

Updates can be downloaded from Ford.co.uk 

Cheers for that..

He has 3.0 20204 and we are currently downloading maps..

Just checking we are getting the latest official..

Now how have people got in with the cyanlab 3.4 20351 update ?

Steve

From what im aware Sync 3.4 is only available on MK8 2018 models or newer, or am I wrong?

I had a Mk8 2017 fiesta and another 17 plate Kuga in the family and couldn't get 3.4 on either of them, but I would expect it to show on a 2018 Fiesta on the ford site 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FezMan said:

From what im aware Sync 3.4 is only available on MK8 2018 models or newer, or am I wrong?

I had a Mk8 2017 fiesta and another 17 plate Kuga in the family and couldn't get 3.4 on either of them, but I would expect it to show on a 2018 Fiesta on the ford site 

My son's is a 2018 mk8.. 🤔

Ford are not releasing 3.4 for older than 2018 models I believe.

You can "unofficially" upgrade to SYNC 3/3.4 if you want to - but you can't roll back to 3.0 thereafter so its up to you. If you move to 3.4 this way, you'll no longer receive "official" updates and you've have to manually upgrade as and when new 3.4 releases are available.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/windows-automated-method-update-to-3-4/

11 hours ago, JPW said:

Ford are not releasing 3.4 for older than 2018 models I believe.

You can "unofficially" upgrade to SYNC 3/3.4 if you want to - but you can't roll back to 3.0 thereafter so its up to you. If you move to 3.4 this way, you'll no longer receive "official" updates and you've have to manually upgrade as and when new 3.4 releases are available.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/windows-automated-method-update-to-3-4/

... Thanks...stay on official 3 or update to 3.4 seems to be the dilemma 🤔

anyone else done this update?

• Like 1

Thousands have upgraded (some on here, but more have posted on the Cyanlabs forum)

I personally think it's tons better, nicer theme (esp the blue 'dark mode' which I keep on during the day too), a lot faster/snappier navigation, the latest maps, station logos for radio, fully working Android auto.

The choice is yours 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JPW said:

Thousands have upgraded (some on here, but more have posted on the Cyanlabs forum)

I personally think it's tons better, nicer theme (esp the blue 'dark mode' which I keep on during the day too), a lot faster/snappier navigation, the latest maps, station logos for radio, fully working Android auto.

The choice is yours 🙂

What he said😀👍

On 3/17/2021 at 6:32 AM, steve67 said:

Cheers for that..

He has 3.0 20204 and we are currently downloading maps..

Just checking we are getting the latest official..

Now how have people got in with the cyanlab 3.4 20351 update ?

Steve

I've had no problems installing it . Just follow instructions carefully and it should go ok. Always do a master reset after

20210227_101947.jpg

There is a noticeable difference for the better once upgraded to Sync 3.4. As members have already said, the theme seems improved with the darker blue and the lag is much less than previous versions.

The update I did was the official one as with the cars being on PCP I didn't want to deviate away from Ford software etc, especially for warranty purposes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club