Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crack In The Windscreen

Jack_P

Had a bit of a double mare today, got to college this morning and found i had forgotten some work :/ back to daventery from leamington and theyre re-surfacing the road with that awful chipping gravel stuff, a lorry came tanking it past and just showered my motor in the stuff, as a result putting a crack in my screen.

GetAttachment.jpg

A stroke of luck(?) it is within the limit so i can get it filled in from from auto glass so its not all bad! But still why dio they re-surface with that rubbish? :(

The pics not working for me! But that's tres annoying, doesn't surprise me with the state of the roads at the moment though <_<

Should be able to fill that! maybe £10 excess to pay or even free

could you not have a moan at the council about that???

Booooo

In my dad's old VW Touran, he went though 3 windscreens and needed a 4th by the time he gave it back, not good!

Sucks mate, As Cal said, you could probably get it filled without paying any excess - they want to avoid it propagating to require a full blown replacement windscreen which your insurance co would have to pay most of.

The maximum size they allow is up to the size of a £2 coin end to end ( 25mm ) so im just inside! Might have a slight blemish in the screen but never mind! To have that sorted by gavin from autoglass is free of charge as its covered by my insurance.

If i do need a new screen then the excess on the windscreen is £70, which for a £400 windscreen (:o)isnt too bad!

The maximum size they allow is up to the size of a £2 coin end to end ( 25mm ) so im just inside! Might have a slight blemish in the screen but never mind! To have that sorted by gavin from autoglass is free of charge as its covered by my insurance.

If i do need a new screen then the excess on the windscreen is £70, which for a £400 windscreen (:o)isnt too bad!

£400?!?!?!

It only cost £115 for a windscreen on my Focus. :huh:

£400?!?!?!

It only cost £115 for a windscreen on my Focus. :huh:

Im sure the ST is heated though

Im sure the ST is heated though

Yeah its headed and i have the rain sensor for the auto wipers.

The guy has just sorted it out and done a pretty god job, there is still a mark but not something i would be bothered by :D

If you can make it out then its just about what i see of it!

Before

GetAttachment.jpg

After

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Looks a good job :)

When they filled my which was right in front of the steering wheel they managed to seal in dirt :(

Fox - all the heat lines in the screen were fine, no breaks in them but obvs havn't had a chance to use them as there has been no frost etc

Gazjs - The guy said that the longer you leave them the worse the job looks, as dirt can get trapped in. They do the 1st operation of making it airtight sucking out all the debris, then inject the resin. Ofc when they did yours there was dirt still left in bad luck really :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club