Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 focus 1.0 125 Engine rattle

Connorfinn

17 hours ago, MarisCzech said:

Hi! I have managed to record the clutch noise after aprox.city 12miles. I can hear it, it is more pronounced to the end of the video.

I swear this sounds almost exactly the same as mine did, i have a clearer video of the noise i had as i recorded it right next to the front left wheel

Edited by Connorfinn
Added video

47 minutes ago, Connorfinn said:

I swear this sounds almost exactly the same as mine did, i have a clearer video of the noise i had as i recorded it right next to the front left wheel

Yep sounds the same. So I guess nothing wrong with the car?

6 minutes ago, MarisCzech said:

Yep sounds the same. So I guess nothing wrong with the car?

If its making that exact noise which goes away when you press the clutch then you need to book it into the dealer asap, explain the clutch slipping at higher speeds and if you can try to have the car making the noise when you attend the dealership

Id reccomend going on a motorway drive and record from the front left wheel (the gearbox is behind this wheel) and see if the noise is constant or goes when you press the clutch 

The only other symptom i had was when accelerating hard in first that sometimes the car would very harshly engine break and throw me forward 

That is a video of the noise from before they replaced my clutch, it doesnt do this anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connorfinn said:

If its making that exact noise which goes away when you press the clutch then you need to book it into the dealer asap, explain the clutch slipping at higher speeds and if you can try to have the car making the noise when you attend the dealership

Id reccomend going on a motorway drive and record from the front left wheel (the gearbox is behind this wheel) and see if the noise is constant or goes when you press the clutch 

The only other symptom i had was when accelerating hard in first that sometimes the car would very harshly engine break and throw me forward 

That is a video of the noise from before they replaced my clutch, it doesnt do this anymore

Thanks man! I am booked next tuesday. I had complaints about the clutch earlier last year, but they told “everything is ok”. Well not anymore. I will quote you as a friend from UK (I guess) :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarisCzech said:

Thanks man! I am booked next tuesday. I had complaints about the clutch earlier last year, but they told “everything is ok”. Well not anymore. I will quote you as a friend from UK (I guess) :).

Yeah no worries 🙂 hopefully you get some answers

Keep me updated! 

1 hour ago, Connorfinn said:

Yeah no worries 🙂 hopefully you get some answers

Keep me updated! 

You were absolutely right. I have put the phone next to the wheel and there it is. You can even hear some sort of clipping when releasing the clutch...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarisCzech said:

You were absolutely right. I have put the phone next to the wheel and there it is. You can even hear some sort of clipping when releasing the clutch...

Yeah almost exactly the same as mine was! 

Just a little update: Today, I have left my car at the Ford. Described them everything wrong. As for the clutch slipping, they told it can’t be slipping clutch, because in that case revs go up but speed does not. In my case revs stopped, like sudden power drop for 1s on several accelerations. In my opinion its the wastegate not closing properly. Well I am curious if they will do anything with it. Have doubts to be honest. I will keep you updated.

21 hours ago, MarisCzech said:

Just a little update: Today, I have left my car at the Ford. Described them everything wrong. As for the clutch slipping, they told it can’t be slipping clutch, because in that case revs go up but speed does not. In my case revs stopped, like sudden power drop for 1s on several accelerations. In my opinion its the wastegate not closing properly. Well I am curious if they will do anything with it. Have doubts to be honest. I will keep you updated.

Hopefully they get to the bottom of it this time! 

16 minutes ago, Connorfinn said:

Hopefully they get to the bottom of it this time! 

Man... no words, they did NOTHING. They said they could not replicate the problem therefore did not hear anything. They even had the video in the mail from me... Nothing.. I have rubber sealing peeling of at the drivers  door, I asked them to fix it.. they did not even fix this, as they did not see it, howcome they did not see it?? Unbelieveable... I have to take it to other Ford service, otherwise I will throw the car off the cliff. I am really mad....

9 minutes ago, MarisCzech said:

Man... no words, they did NOTHING. They said they could not replicate the problem therefore did not hear anything. They even had the video in the mail from me... Nothing.. I have rubber sealing peeling of at the drivers  door, I asked them to fix it.. they did not even fix this, as they did not see it, howcome they did not see it?? Unbelieveable... I have to take it to other Ford service, otherwise I will throw the car off the cliff. I am really mad....

Honestly they will try everything possible to no fault a car, thats why i had my car making the noise when i got to the dealership and asked a member of staff to hear it

As i have stated in the thread, they didnt even lift the bonnet on my car ( i have a dash cam), i still think my car is loud  compared to my sons fiesta, its due a convenience check in october, so ill get it checked again by another dealership, and if they say its normal i will ask for them to prove by showing me another focus ...

I got really angry with them, so they said that they will contact some chief mechanic at Ford to come. They said that they need some proof to change anything. And because diagnostics showed nothing they are empty handed. That chief Ford mechanic should come by the end of the week. So for now, I will wait. But if that guy will not aprove the repair, I will sell this car as soon as something interesting comes up.

5 minutes ago, MarisCzech said:

I got really angry with them, so they said that they will contact some chief mechanic at Ford to come. They said that they need some proof to change anything. And because diagnostics showed nothing they are empty handed. That chief Ford mechanic should come by the end of the week. So for now, I will wait. But if that guy will not aprove the repair, I will sell this car as soon as something interesting comes up.

I would make sure you have your video ready to show the mechanic this was exactly what i had to do, even better if you know the time and date that he will be there you can take the car for a long drive first so he can hear it first hand

They only actioned my repair after their head mechanic and service manager heard it for themselves 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Connorfinn said:

I would make sure you have your video ready to show the mechanic this was exactly what i had to do, even better if you know the time and date that he will be there you can take the car for a long drive first so he can hear it first hand

They only actioned my repair after their head mechanic and service manager heard it for themselves 

Sure thing, I am planning to take the day of to let the car properly warm... to be honest, this is car’s last chance before selling. I am done with it.

So... they called me and want me to leave them my car for 2 days testing, but no chief Ford mechanic will be there. They said that, these are direct orders from the local Ford HQ. With that beeing said, if the problem occures within these two days, they will replace the clutch. I do not get it, why the chief Ford mechanic does not want to be involved... the date is set to 25th of May....

• 2 weeks later...

So..last saturday, I was driving on the highway and the car really started choking when I wanted to accelerate fast... so with new notes I visited Ford service yesterday, really focused to make the car well heated, drove the car with mechanic onboard for about one hour and the car behaved superb so no work will be done... I hate this car so much! But tommorow I am going to another Ford dealer to maybe buy new Puma by counter account. If the service stands for the statement that Focus is perfectly normal, I am not worried they will not buy it from me.. Sad story..

• Sad 1

On 5/25/2021 at 9:04 AM, MarisCzech said:

So..last saturday, I was driving on the highway and the car really started choking when I wanted to accelerate fast... so with new notes I visited Ford service yesterday, really focused to make the car well heated, drove the car with mechanic onboard for about one hour and the car behaved superb so no work will be done... I hate this car so much! But tommorow I am going to another Ford dealer to maybe buy new Puma by counter account. If the service stands for the statement that Focus is perfectly normal, I am not worried they will not buy it from me.. Sad story..

Thats terrible im so sorry youve had no luck 😞

10 hours ago, Connorfinn said:

Thats terrible im so sorry youve had no luck 😞

Thanks, yeah it sucks, Focus started choking right next day.... but in the end I got a pretty good offer for my Focus, so I am currently waiting for Puma arrival at the dealers. They said 14 days at max.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it is official… I am dropping my Focus and picking new Puma this friday. It is going to be st-line mhev 125hp. Well I hope this one will be without any problems as it is not one of the first made Pumas. It is from  April 2021. I will let you know what my inicial thoughts will be. 🙂 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MarisCzech said:

Ok, it is official… I am dropping my Focus and picking new Puma this friday. It is going to be st-line mhev 125hp. Well I hope this one will be without any problems as it is not one of the first made Pumas. It is from  April 2021. I will let you know what my inicial thoughts will be. 🙂 

Happy to hear! Good luck with the new car

So my initial thoughts… It is great! No freewheel like noises, no clutch noises, no choking, nothing. It really rides nice and smooth. And finally it really can engine break thanks to its ev part I guess. Although it is ST-line The ride is not as firm as on my ex Focus, quite comfortable. Well I hope this one will last more than 1,5 year..

Its the gearbox internals and its called gearbox Chatter, which manufactures get away with in diesels as the sound is drowned out by other sounds. 
but apparent in generally quiet petrol engines. Ive just rejected my new fiesta 1.0 due to this sound!!!!

1 hour ago, H8XME said:

Its the gearbox internals and its called gearbox Chatter, which manufactures get away with in diesels as the sound is drowned out by other sounds. 
but apparent in generally quiet petrol engines. Ive just rejected my new fiesta 1.0 due to this sound!!!!

Since when your fiesta started to rattle? My new Puma has only 70miles so I have not encounter no rattle so far..

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2021 at 4:53 PM, Connorfinn said:

Funnily enough mine sounds exactly the same, i think its more to do with the engine revs rather than the clutch / gearbox, is it only when your engine breaking im guessing? 

Hi, I have the same problem since 20k [now26k] , and the dealer say it's normal. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club