Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sabine Schmitz - RIP

StephenFord

Have just learned that Sabine Schmitz, Queen of the Nürburgring, passed away at only 51 years old from cancer. Such a tragic loss, yet will evoke fond memories from many following her numerous appearances on Top Gear. RIP queen...

sabine.thumb.png.63ec1fd8e4506c32e23c60b93d3a966c.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

What sad news.Terrible loss at such an early age. What a driver - I seem to recall her humiliating Clarkson (in some exotic or other) at the 'Ring while driving a Transit!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I seem to recall her humiliating Clarkson (in some exotic or other) at the 'Ring while driving a Transit!

Remains one of my favourite Top Gear repeats!

• Like 2

Murray was 97 so had a good life. But 51 is far too young to go. She has driven her final lap, but sadly lost the race to Cancer. I understand this coming weeks Top Gear will be dedicated to her, possibly show highlights.

RIP Sabine

52 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

What sad news.Terrible loss at such an early age. What a driver - I seem to recall her humiliating Clarkson (in some exotic or other) at the 'Ring while driving a Transit!

It was a diesel Jag iirc...so not quite exotic!  But definitely an impressive time in a transit! 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It was a diesel Jag iirc...so not quite exotic!  But definitely an impressive time in a transit! 

Was it really? Still pretty exotic to the likes of us and those Jag diesels could shift a bit! 😀

Edit: Checked out the episode and amazingly it was 12 years ago!

Edited by Eric Bloodaxe
Extra sentence
  • Like 1

Very sad news and at only 51. She was an excellent driver and a good entertainer, always good to watch.

RIP Sabine - Lets hope Murray has got the Race Circuit in the sky ready for you

• 3 weeks later...

There is a 30 min tribute program to Sabine on iPlayer after tonight's Top Gear at 9pm.  It will also be broadcast at 7:30pm on BBC One on Wednesday, April 7th. 

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/weekend-tg-pays-tribute-sabine-schmitz-30-min-special

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club