Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent low battery light

Dylmb63

My Ford Fiesta Zetec S 58 plate has an intermittent low battery light and i can’t seem to get it to stay off despite it starting and driving fine for over a month with this issue. 
Pulled the battery out to try charge it but it reached full charge very quickly suggesting that the alternator is working fine and the battery is holding charge?

After doing this the light stayed off for almost a week but is now however back on. If anyone’s got any suggestions it would be appreciated

cheers

On 3/18/2021 at 7:16 PM, Neb_engineer said:

how old is the battery?

Not actually too sure as i bought the car last year, been having issues with the bonnet triggering the alarm so they may be linked? 

i would check the battery is actually fine, charge the battery, leave it off the charger for an hour once fully charged and check the voltage of the battery once its sat for half an hour, then an hour, then maybe 1.5hr, if the battery voltage is very close or bellow 12V at the 1/1.5hr mark, the battery is no good

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club