Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 focus 1.6 tcdi EGR valve issues

Royfoster85

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help....

Car started juddering at low revs but not any lights, tried fuel cleaners made minimal differnce.

then i got P042E Code (EGR valve stuck open) so i tool the EGR off and cleaned it. re fitted no juddering but once the engine got warm it went into limp mode.

so purchase a new EGR and fitted the juddering returned instantly but no lights yet. put my odb2 reader in and its show P042F (but no EML)

After some reading i think i need to reset the values, i dont have a forscan system can i just disconnect the battery?

if ths dont work i'm goning to blank it off.

Any help and advice would be much appriciated 🙂

Have you cleared the code and it's now come back again?

Blanking it off will probably cause more issues with the EML than actually fixing the EGR.

You need to reset the values with forscan or your car will keep coming up with fault codes and go into limp mode, disconnecting the battery will not work. 

I blanked the egr off on my 2011 1.6 TDCi mk2.5 and never had an issue in the 5 years it's been fitted. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club