Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where to wire LED Foot well lights

Focusnoclue

Hi 

I’m trying to wire up LEDs lights to use as foot well lights on my Focus Mk3 2013 

I would like the lights to go on and off with the dome lights. 

Is this possible?

If so can you point me to where I can take the feed from?

Cheers Guys 

Forgot to add I don't have any wiring under the dash where the ford lights should be.

If you know some basics,  you can tap onto the dome lighting.  However please be careful when working with the electricity supply make sure you don't short anything.  Good luck.

I tapped into mine using the wiring directly that fed into the courtesy switch on the door. You shouldn't need any fancy relays or fuses as the current draw of a couple of LEDs is minuscule. (However, some members may recoil in horror at this!). Mine is a Mk2, so no point telling you the details, but the principal on your Mk3 should be the same.

393112176_footwellLEDLoRes.thumb.jpg.23bb93a0f1541e23b697fa74f9b9d859.jpg

On 3/21/2021 at 1:58 AM, lilbleh said:

If you know some basics,  you can tap onto the dome lighting.  However please be careful when working with the electricity supply make sure you don't short anything.  Good luck.

Yeah I do know the basics, So I'll give the Dome lights a try then.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, StephenFord said:

I tapped into mine using the wiring directly that fed into the courtesy switch on the door. You shouldn't need any fancy relays or fuses as the current draw of a couple of LEDs is minuscule. (However, some members may recoil in horror at this!). Mine is a Mk2, so no point telling you the details, but the principal on your Mk3 should be the same.

393112176_footwellLEDLoRes.thumb.jpg.23bb93a0f1541e23b697fa74f9b9d859.jpg

Thanks but I save that as a last resort 

When I did this on my MK1 I just looked at the colours on the interior light and found them in the footwell, then stick a pin in them to confirm they are the correct wires with a bulb and earth, then broke in there and wired up to the ducting

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Size can help with this. You need to connect the foot lights from the cables number C8-12 and C4-1 of the BCM module and activate it from the brain with Elm327. This application is OEM fabrication.

Ambiyans Aydınlatma İçerisi.jpeg

Ambiyans Aydınlatma Giriş.jpeg

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Dogukan07 said:

Bu konuda size yardımcı olabilirim. Ayak altı ışıklarını BCM modülünün C8-12 numaralı ve C4-1 numaralı kablolarından bağlantı alıp, Elm327 ile beyinden aktif etmeniz gerekmektedir. Bu uygulama OEM fabrikasyondur.

Saygılarımla, bu forum İngilizceyi birincil iletişim biçimi olarak kullanıyor.

Forum sorunlarına cevabınız doğru olabilir, ancak maalesef buradaki çoğu yanıt bunu anlayamayacak.

Neden "google translate" i denemiyorsunuz ve ardından cevabı İngilizce olarak göndermiyorsunuz?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club