Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk4 sequential indicator lights

Dave8086

Hi,

Has anyone upgraded there Focus Mk4 2019 wing mirror indicators to the sequential indicator lights? Thinking of doing this myself but unsure where to buy them from plus how easy are they to fit ? Do you need to remove the mirror glass or can you pop the casing off without removing the glass...

Thanks...

Nice one, I'll check them out, thanks...

Great, thanks.. I'll give it a go

So can you get to the fasia clips inbetween the mirror and the housing once tilted the mirror or did you do it anothed way ?

Thanks...

On 3/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, martinb14 said:

I have the CEUK ones too: https://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/products/mk4-focus-led-sequential-indicator-unit 

Easy to install - the cap pops off with a bit of leverage without the need to remove the glass. 

Great thanks, 

So can you get to the fasia clips inbetween the mirror and the housing once tilted the mirror or did you do it anothed way ?

4 hours ago, Dave8086 said:

Great thanks, 

So can you get to the fasia clips inbetween the mirror and the housing once tilted the mirror or did you do it anothed way ?

Tilt the mirror all the way down and jam a screwdriver into the clips and it should pop off. A torch can help to see in there better. 

• Like 1

How easy it to remove the mirror glass without it breaking ?  I have some indicator arrows >>> that fit behind the mirror but so far I've not tried to remove the glass

24 minutes ago, unofix said:

How easy it to remove the mirror glass without it breaking ?  I have some indicator arrows >>> that fit behind the mirror but so far I've not tried to remove the glass

You don't remove the glass it's the plastic cover to access the indicators. 

12 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Tilt the mirror all the way down and jam a screwdriver into the clips and it should pop off. A torch can help to see in there better. 

Nice one thanks for the info,

I've ordered the indicators now so I'll give it a go once they've arrived...

Hi Focue, the indicator arrows >>> that I want to fit go behind the mirror and shine through the glass !! Not sure how but they claim too. I got them from amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MZZZSXD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Focue, the indicator arrows >>> that I want to fit go behind the mirror and shine through the glass !! Not sure how but they claim too. I got them from Amazon

Love the fitting instructions on these:

"1. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to gently rub the mirror, and then you can take it out.

2. When you're stunned, you can adjust the mirror to the innermost position to make it easier to look at and position."

Thanks for clearing that up then! 😄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Focue, the indicator arrows >>> that I want to fit go behind the mirror and shine through the glass !! Not sure how but they claim too. I got them from Amazon

If you move the mirror down you will see tabs holding it on you need to move them to get it off the back of the mirror is normally attached like this. Screenshot_20210322_135003.thumb.jpg.ab647b36c6f0902af847be12202a5b6e.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 12:23 PM, pcaouolte said:

Love the fitting instructions on these:

"1. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to gently rub the mirror, and then you can take it out.

2. When you're stunned, you can adjust the mirror to the innermost position to make it easier to look at and position."

Thanks for clearing that up then! 😄

From the amazon info - Mount/install the LED arrow behind the left/right rear mirror glass, virtually invisible when not in use, but light up super bright when you engage the turning

With that in mind surely number 2 should be - When you're stunned, by bright light coming from wing mirror and you can't see anything, if you crash into back of car in front, it not our fault..... Is that actually legal to have a light shining out of your wing mirrors? 😕

• 4 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, unofix said:

Did you ever manage to remove the glass? I need to fit new BLIS glass in mine - the videos ive seen they move mirror to face all way down and just pull it off but im either being too hesitant or mine are really stuck!

Hi Marc, I tried a little and like you could not pull the mirror off, so I've still not fitted them but one day I'll get round to having another go.

• 2 months later...

Yep managed to remove the mirror ok, you just need to tilt the mirror all the way downwards and then get your fingers at the top of the mirror and gently pull it away from the housing, once you've replaced it you simply click it back into the housing..good luck..

• Thanks 1

Hi @Dave8086 thanks fo that info, I still have not fitted my arrow leds to the back of the mirror but will have another go now

Just an update for those who might want to remove the mirror glass for any reason. Yes it does just pull off once you get the tips of your fingers behind the mirror. Also I can tell you that nothing will shine through from the back because the heated pad is glued to the back of the mirror glass. So in short the stuff I bought from amazon is totally pointless. 😟

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club