Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.5 diesel cutting out

Rhiannon36

Hello,

I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.5 diesel. It started cutting out a few weeks back. I would start it and cut out instantly and a message would come up “engine malfunction service now” my car drove fine for a few weeks after. Same happened where it would cut out even while driving and kept getting worse. I had to call RAC as I couldn’t drive it a mile down the road without it cutting out.

RAC plugged it in and a general fault code would come up but it didn’t say what was wrong. (P06A8) 
I took it to a garage they’ve had my car for 2 weeks and they still don’t know the problem. They’ve checked everything they cleaned everything out like the wires and the connectors. Before that they said my car got worse and wouldn’t barely start. Now after cleaning a few things they said it starts but still cuts out ever so often. They even changed a sensor hoping that would help but it didn’t. 
the garage said I have a small coolant leak and that he thought it could have defect something because of the leak, but still no idea what’s going on.
Has anyone had a problem like this? The garage keep saying it’s a mystery and they can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. 
someone pls help 

have you checked for consistant compression on all cylinders?

15 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

They told me I didn’t have pressure. But also said to me they still don’t know what’s wrong. Starting to think I chose the wrong garage. 

15 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

They told me I didn’t have pressure. But also said to me they still don’t know what’s wrong. Starting to think I chose the wrong garage. 

Have they tried changing the fuel filter?  I assume it's fuel pressure that's lacking rather than compression.

Realistically you need to have the faults read with a Ford specific code reader though.

Have they tried changing the fuel filter?  I assume it's fuel pressure that's lacking rather than compression.

Realistically you need to have the faults read with a Ford specific code reader though.

7 hours ago, Rhiannon36 said:

if they are saying you don't have fuel pressure its probably a clogged fuel filter of the pump, if they are saying that you have little or inconsistant compresson its either the piston rings, the head gasket, or the valves

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I changed the fuel filter myself a few weeks back 

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get this sorted I have exactly the same problem, random cutting out lots of odd OBD codes when you put a code reader on the car.... The first ever code was the Camshaft Sensor when that was replaced it was ok for about 100 miles or so and now continues to cut out randomly. This can be whilst cruising along at 70mph, sat at traffic lights or just general driving. If you flick the ignition off then on mine restarts. It is normally preceded by the orange spanner and sometimes goes into limp mode before ultimately cutting out.... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club