Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recharge problems following battery recall replacement

Terence Falcus

I have a problem with recharge levels following the recall battery replacement for my hybrid Kuga. I cannot achieve 35 miles as previously obtained. It now varies between 18 - 25 miles following the recharge. I have contacted the garage where I purchased the vehicle  who advised me that they are aware of the problem but there is no solution, suggested I contact Ford which I have done and am awaiting a reply. Hopefully it will be quicker than last time.  

• Like 1

Hi Terence 

same problem here spoke to dealer ? And reply was not aware so far of this matter , explained my symptoms same as and was going to speak to master technician but no reply yet !!

who did you contact at ford any details please as I’m fed up now with new matter having had battery’s changed 

Same here... I got same response, but I have a feeling it's more common than being told. Not quite sure how many of the PHEV version each garage has sold, so unless Ford UK relays to them that it is a national problem, they aren't aware of it yet.

Mine's waiting to go back in to be looked at...

I'm shocked, a battery car that does not have the claimed range it promised. Well, all bodes well in 9 years for 2030 when our government bans the sale of proper engines, and make us all rely on under developed battery technology! 😁

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had reply from salesman after chasing him down !

to say that’s how it is and that’s how It’s going to be !!

I think there’s a lot of kuga owners with same quibble after battery’s changed , and still no fuel card nearly 10 weeks now and apparently no way of chasing it up !!

Ive recently spoken to a customer regarding this issue after them trying it for a while to see if it improves. I'm just waiting for their vehicle to come back in for me to have a look at, as well as doing another recall on it (depending how early your batteries got replaced depends if this recall is applicable or not as the software changed). It actually sounds like @Rogue 1is the customer I spoke to 😂

Ive recently spoken to a customer regarding this issue after them trying it for a while to see if it improves. I'm just waiting for their vehicle to come back in for me to have a look at, as well as doing another recall on it (depending how early your batteries got replaced depends if this recall is applicable or not as the software changed). It actually sounds like @Rogue 1is the customer I spoke to 😂

Update on replacement battery recall charging

I have had an email reply from Ford as below , contact email to Ford was  crcrecal@ford.com  Case managers name may be in breach of Data protection laws

" I would really recommend to contact your local Ford dealership to enable them to carry out a diagnosis on this to advise further, Unfortunately as we are unable to personally inspect vehicles we do rely on our Ford dealerships for all technical assistance like this. If they need further assistance they will be able to contact their internal technical team while your vehicle is with them for advice on this also. I can see that you have emailed this over to them also. I would recommend to give them a call to discuss this further. "

I have opened up a complaint with the Think Ford dealership where the vehicle was purchased and i am awaiting a response.

• Sad 1

It is sad how companies play the pass the buck game. I feel your frustration, clearly the local dealership is not going to be able to fix what is a Ford manufacturing problem. I bet in the USA they don't give customers as much bull knowing full well that a class action lawsuit will be just around the corner.

Come the day we are all forced to drive 100% electric vehicles I wounder just what will happen!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, MasterTechTip said:

No mastertectip got my car from Northampton ford dealer , and have gone to another branch now to help 👍

• Like 1

Hi masterTech

software update some , and new batteries  fitted, so will run in again and see what happens , won’t be going back to Northampton dealer again lol 😂 another branch dealing with me and car now 👍

• Like 1