Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autolock

Dil

Luke is correct - There is no autolock.

It's not enabled by default you do get auto locking by speed if you need the car to auto lock when you are inside. To set this up follow the below instructions. 

You will need

Make sure Forscan is installed, setup (not demo mode) and you have a license.

The process

1. Turn the vehicle ignition ON (do not start, foot off clutch)
  2. Connect to the vehicle, wait for all the modules to be read
  3. Click “configuration and programming” (6 down)
  4. Select “BCMii Central Configuration (main)”
  5. Click play (bottom left)
  6. Read and understand the warning
  7. Click “OK”
  8. Wait for the process to run, turn ignition off when requested
  9. Change “mode” from “normal” to “engineering 1” (top left)
  10. Make a backup of the current settings by clicking “Save” button (bottom toolbar)
  11. Select “Automatic locking by speed” from the list of options
  12. Click “edit selected” button (bottom toolbar)
  13. In the pop-up select “02 – Automatic Locking”, then confirm with the tick
  14. Click “Write” button (bottom toolbar)
  15. Confirm the pop-up with the tick
  16. Follow the prompt to turn the ignition back on
  17. Read and understand the warning again
  18. Click “OK”
  19. “Block(s) programmed successfully” should be displayed along with a message to cycle ignition. Do this then click “OK”
  20. Stop Forscan by clicking the stop button (bottom toolbar)

Clear DTC fault codes

Due to the way the update is processed and written to the car BCM you will get a number of fault codes shown.  These can be cleared using Forscan

• Enter DTC
  • Select Module with code
  • At the bottom, 2nd from the left click “Reset DTC”, confirm “Yes” on pop-up
  • Follow on screen instructions to cycle the ignition

First Time Setup

• Go to https://forscan.org/ download & install
  • Once installed go to settings, uncheck “demo mode”
  • Register on the Forscan.org forum
  • Register for the 2 month free extended license http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php
  • Better yet, support the development buy a full license from download page https://forscan.org/download.html
  • Follow the steps from the forum to copy the hardware id from your installed version of Forscan into the request on the Forscan forum extended license generator
  • One you have the license import it and start forscan for the first time, follow the instructions given for the setup of switch positions on the ELM327 lead / odblink and the ignition
  • Forscan will look at your vehicle and detect the settings, modules and any system faults.
  • Once setup is complete you are free to perform your chosen update / modification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent information and write up. I might even give this a go on my Focus.

• Like 1

It’s just as easy to enable on the Mk4 Focus & Mk8 Fiesta, and once enabled in FORScan it just works. No need to go through the ignition on, press lock button three times, ignition off, press lock button faff that I had to do on my previous Mk3.5.

This video shows it being enabled on a Mk8 Fiesta. Same process for the Mk4 Focus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all and special thanks to FoCue for his post and for Colinmcg for the youtube video.

Following the information Focue posted I have used ForScan (for the very first time) and have set the Autolock to enabled on my Focus Mk4.

One or two things a little tricky, (1) The car likes to switch off the ignition by itself after about 4 minutes to save the battery. Not vey good when I'm in the middle of programming. (2) Probably due to it being a Mk4 the option of BCMii has been called "BdyCM" (3) there were a possible 6 'Auto Lock' settings' so I went with the one called "Auto Lock - Vehicle".

All ended well and Auto Lock works at about 6 MPH.

Would love to understand what the other options were for, but I don't want to push my luck as I said earlier this is the first time I've used ForScan.

• Like 2

This for not getting car jacked? 😆 I’ll need to remember to avoid Durham ! 😝 

• Like 1

I just need it for when I visit the relations in Glasgow 😉

• Haha 2

Didn't realise it was so easy on the MK4.  Have done the Mk2.5, MK3 and my Golf so would miss it now!

Anything else interesting that can be enabled on a MK4 without additional hardware? 

Hi Tom, I did see somewhere that you can add climate controls to the Sync3 which I would quite like to try but I can't find the post now, or it may even have been something I watched on YouTube.

It looked like a nice little addtion to the screen and easy to do, if anyone finds the post with the details please let me know

• Like 1

I enabled the on-screen climate controls on my Mk3.5 but ended up disabling them pretty quickly. There was a problem with the dual zone controls being reversed.

Adjusting the driver's side temperature via hardware dial showed the passenger side changing and vice versa.

Haven't tried enabling the climate screen on the Mk4. Yet...

• Like 1

Hi Colin, yes I found that thread last night. I saw there were problems with the driver - passenger being crossed over. I guess Ford never gave any thought to the fact that the correct side to have the steering wheel on is the RHS 😉

I wounder if they have fixed it yet for the Mk4. Possibly the Austrailian versions might have climate controls on the screen?

• Like 1

Found this on FORScan forum. I might give it a try and see if the controls are still reversed on the Mk4. Easily disabled again if so.

8D2A319B-F90B-4417-B454-C90A4C4DC3AC.thumb.jpeg.15d5573e6d33920893ef10501ca62f87.jpeg

• Like 2

Good luck Colin, please let me know how you get on. I'm still finding my way around ForScan

• Like 1

So many climate options in the Mk4 APIM. Made the suggested changes from the FORScan forum post and nothing. No climate tab on Sync screen. Oh well, was worth a try.

87B2E3F1-5E06-4AD2-8867-BE1A33CC07D1.thumb.jpeg.067760c8b468856f8de0cf1e4ac9e350.jpeg44A1682F-3DC8-49F5-958A-056F9FDE2F04.thumb.jpeg.bcf2aed2fc26d2b86dae47be9caee922.jpeg87D5F198-2D94-40B7-B494-25911E943C31.thumb.jpeg.a9f15feebaf790c64b9b94340ac060c1.jpeg

• Like 1

I've found a YouTube video from Germany showing how to enable climate control on the Sync3 screen on the Mk4 (He has lots of helpful videos (with subtitles) on tweaking the Mk4 Focus - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWRckMdBHabmZDwC_u53Qw).

Anyhow, for Climate Control on Sync 3.4 change the following:

Climate Control Type - change from Manual to Automatic

Climate Domain - change from Disabled to Enabled

He then pointed out that if you get incorrect distances reported while using navigation that you should change the 'Navigation Repeater Format' from Motorola to Intel or vice versa.

I have yet to try this.

• Thanks 1

Top man Colin. Sorry to be using you as the guinea pig, but after my little victory with the Autolocking I'm still just learning. When I did the autolock on the Mk4 there were about 6 diffrent options, so no big surprise that there are a ton of options for the climate control.

What version of ForScan are you using ? I seem to have the latest 2.3.39 beta, so some information that has been posted doesn't match the programme anymore. It would have been ok if I'd see and used older version first but I'll get there eventually. Thanks for you help

Hi @unofix

I'm using FORScan 2.3.39 too.

The only option I enabled was ‘Autolock Vehicle’

I have since found more information. Enabling Autolock in the IPC as well gives you the option of turning the feature on and off from the steering wheel controls.

9B86BF85-57EB-49E2-8BCC-81ED41748771.thumb.jpeg.68fa102619cf77cc3f1ed264b00ebd9e.jpeg

Vehicle Settings > Locks:

Before

7AE4A80F-CC84-4A04-BA61-A3E88A7ABF72.thumb.jpeg.d66cbbbb4cbd2c58a5cf233f8365cbb6.jpeg

After

983AA67B-D1B1-4011-9848-5F5A9E0C69EE.thumb.jpeg.8c2f298f6213647dba508e405ef35f94.jpeg

Nice. 😎

• Thanks 1

Each to their own but I think climate control which was on some earlier sync was dropped for a reason. Not a problem having the option but I use the physical buttons anyway. 
For auto lock it’s a press of a button. Again if that’s what you want then it should be in the menu without having to have computer skills to set it. 

• Like 1

Hi Colin you just know I'm going to have to try this don't you !! At least we are both using the same version of ForScan so I will follow your screen shots and try it tomorrow.

I'll let you know what happens 😀

• Like 2

We do our best to entertain the troops 🤪

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2021 at 8:03 AM, TomsFocus said:

Didn't realise it was so easy on the MK4.  Have done the Mk2.5, MK3 and my Golf so would miss it now!

Anything else interesting that can be enabled on a MK4 without additional hardware? 

Hi Tom,

I have activated:

Auto Lock

Auto Re-Lock (if you get out of the car with the keys and leave it running the doors lock)

Ford Performance Digital Speedometer

Climate Control Functions on Sync Screen

Heated Seats on Sync Screen

Auto High Beam

There is lots more you can do, including more of the driver's assistance pack etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club