Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus 1.0 Ecoboost Automatic opinions

Steven Cavana

Hello Everyone

I have just joined the Ford owners club.  I on on my 4th Focus which is a manual 2017 ST-Line which I really.  Previously I had a mk1 Zetec TDDi, Mk 1 facelift TDCi and a Mk3 Titanium Ecoboost.

I am thinking of trading in my current ST-Line for a brand new Titanium X Auto with the 1.0 Ecoboost engine.  I have never driven an Ecoboost Auto before so would like to hear some views from current owners if possible.  Does the car perform very well or does the Auto transmission not work very well with the Ecoboost engine?  Test drives are not possible for another few weeks so comments on this would be appreciated! 

Thanks

I’ve got a Mk3.5 Ecoboost Auto, it’s the 1.0 125PS engine, though I have a slightly older 6-speed auto box. It’s a nice combo and the engine seems to suit the box as it’s quite torquey. The Mk4 switched to an 8-speed and I’ve heard good things about it. Both autos are the more conventional torque converters which makes them nice and smooth, and great for manoeuvring. They both have locking torque converters that kick in very low in the gears (2nd on mine) so any of the usual torque converter losses are negated once you’re underway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That sounds positive, thanks for the feedback.  Do you know if the latest 8 speed has settings, ie normal, sport, eco - that kind of thing?

Yes it does.

I have the 8 speed in a 1.5.   It's a smooth box, I like it.  Bit slow when going from D to R and back but other than that it's a good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club