Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalytic Converter Security - Ford Focus

CLUKEM

Hello

Has anyone come across any security for protecting catalytic converters on a ford focus? I've seen catloc, but this seems to be for Toyotas. With thefts of these on the rise, I just wondered what is available and where you can get it fitted

Regards

Chris

Is your focus a mk3 or mk2? And which engine do you have?

A lot of Ford's have the cat as part of the exhaust manifold rather than the undercarriage. It's basically impossible to get a saw/grinder to the top side of the mani-cat (without unbolting it from the car obviously).

• Like 1

It's a mk3 (Nov2011) and has 1.6 scti ecoboost engine

13 hours ago, CLUKEM said:

It's a mk3 (Nov2011) and has 1.6 scti ecoboost engine

In which case the cat is part of the downpipe on your car.
It would be pretty hard for a thief to cut that out, especially as there's a massive mounting bracket underneath the inlet to the cat. I wouldn't worry about it getting stolen.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have a 2016 Focus 1.25 automatic estate car. Would like to know how catalytic converter is fitted and whether it is easy to steal..If it is easy,m what protective measures can I take?

Brian Maple.

I would be far more worried about the whole car been stolen rather than just a bit of it. The thefts of catalytic converters from small engined cars is so tiny you would have more chance of winning the lottery.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club