Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD TRANSIT CUSTOM 2.2 TDCI WHITE SMOKE

Baboo

Hi. I have a Ford Transit 2.2 tdci  2013 in my workshop with white smoke emitting from the tail pipe, Ran up on diagnostic equipment and only fault that came up was  Glow Plug No. 2 Cylinder. I changed the glow plug and fitted new injectors to all cylinders. I also changed the air mass meter cause it seems to have been getting too much air,  readings were slightly off. Vehicle is still emitting white smoke and it smells like un-burnt fuel. What i did notice was someone has cut out the DPF leaving the casing.  Could this be causing the smoking. I have no history for this vehicle cause it has come from several workshops and they seemed to have failed in repairing it,  Any help would be appreciated.

Stupid question I know but has anyone checked what fuel is in the tank ?? Its not a case that its been filled with Bio-Diesel or some other crazy fuel

Not a stupid question, but yes i did check the fuel in the tank because i did change the fuel filer and topped the vehicle with new diesel 50 ppm. If there is wrong fuel in the tank the vehicle will detonate on start up and the injectors will be noisy. But i will recheck the fuel again tomorrow.  Under neath the vehicle near the filter I found a small pump that goes into the top of the exhaust system its a pump that delivers diesel in its raw state. Its called Exhaust-Gas after treatment fuel injector A. What is its real function and can that also cause this problem.

1 hour ago, Baboo said:

Exhaust-Gas after treatment fuel injector

I love the sound of it - what the hell does it do ? seems a lot of people with similar problems talking about the EGR valve

• 2 months later...

Did you find the problem. I’m having a similar problem with my custom 

• 6 months later...
On 6/18/2021 at 11:14 AM, Daz112 said:

It's the dpf vaporiser!! That stupid thing ford created with a stupid tiny hole that clogs up !! 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:14 AM, Daz112 said:

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have transit custom 2014, 92kw and I have problem also with the white smoke. I change dpf, also vaporiser and nothing. Same thing. If motor is cold then it okey and if warm then all starts. Can someone help, please!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club