Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 USB Track Order

TomsFocus

On my Golf with an SD card I had folders inside folders to get music where I wanted it and could easily start a 'genre' folder anywhere and let it play through from that point.  (So play through folders 4 to 9 within another folder called 'rock'.)

This doesn't seem to be possible with Sync/USB unless I'm missing something here?  I don't want to play every track on the stick and I don't want it to 'decide' genres for me...is there any way to avoid that?  If not, maybe it's best for me to remove the internal folders and just stick to main genres...  What's the quickest way to de-folder hundreds of tracks? :unsure: 

You can manually browse the folders, but otherwise it ignores them and just indexes the metadata.

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You can manually browse the folders, but otherwise it ignores them and just indexes the metadata.

Yeah, but once inside the folder it will only play the tracks in that folder...won't move on to the next folder, within the 'larger' folder.

I have no idea what metadata is lol...  So what's the best solution to this then?  Remove everything from the smaller folders?  If so, is there a quick way to do that?

The metadata is all the track, artist, genre, info etc stored in the music file, you can edit it with something like this:

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

It will ignore the folders if you ask it to play all, I just have mine on shuffle of all 1600+ tracks.

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yeah, but once inside the folder it will only play the tracks in that folder...won't move on to the next folder, within the 'larger' folder.

I have no idea what metadata is lol...  So what's the best solution to this then?  Remove everything from the smaller folders?  If so, is there a quick way to do that?

10 seconds on Google found this...

Will that definitely solve my problem as I don't want to go through individually making folders for each again lol!! :laugh:

It shouldn't really be needed though? If you dump them all in the same folder, it's the same as just asking Sync to play all.

Just now, alexp999 said:

It shouldn't really be needed though? If you dump them all in the same folder, it's the same as just asking Sync to play all.

I have 5 'main' folders that I want to choose between and keep in order.

But inside each of those folders there are hundreds of folders, many for just one track.  It made it easier to navigate in the Golfs infotainment system.

So if I extract all the smaller folders into just those 5, I can 'view files' to select the correct folder, then chose a track half way down, and then it'll continue playing through that whole folder.

I'm sure I'm making it sound much more complicated than it is!! :laugh:

Ok, yeah that should work. It won't make a difference to Sync what folder they are in, only in terms of being able to Browse files/folders. If you play by artist or album it's done from the tags anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, alexp999 said:

Ok, yeah that should work. It won't make a difference to Sync what folder they are in, only in terms of being able to Browse files/folders. If you play by artist or album it's done from the tags anyway.

Is there any way to fool it into thinking my main folders are 'albums' or is that worked by some sort of file magic outside of basic titles?

I have a lot of singles and ordering by artist creates a pretty weird playlist lol.

If you edit the metadata you can change the album info, make it all the same for whatever you want to call it.

• Like 1

So, that's gone well. I'd forgotten about numbered tracks... :ermm: :laugh: 

2087571644_trackfail.jpg.09f9913eb5fc0da711e0f80f10e22b98.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club