Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hill start assist

I'd had my car 6 months before I found out (A) that I had Autohold (B) what it actually did !!

I must admit having driven mostly automatics for many many years I just got used to having to keep my foot on the brake when stopped........ BUT NOW with the invention of black magic autohold I don't have to 😀

1 minute ago, unofix said:

I'd my car 6 months before I found out (A) that I had Autohold (B) what it actually did !!

I must admit having driven mostly automatics for many many years I just got used to having to keep my foot on the brake when stopped........ BUT NOW with the invention of black magic autohold I don't have to 😀

You’re quoting me without quoting me. The auto hold button being the biggest button in the car apart from the park brake was the epiphany for me. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I’ll make an uneducated guess that your fiesta is a manual? 

Spot on.😀

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 11:03 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, I don't want a car that drives itself. I'd rather save the money and use my senior pass and take the bus!😃

I wouldn't argue Alex, if you like it then that's fine by me!😃

Cross traffic alert is much more use to me. I don’t have auto hold but occasionally use HSA. Saves using the handbrake at times. 

8 hours ago, Stoopo said:

I don’t have auto hold

that would most probably be because you don't have an automatic.

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone was able to confirm whether the Puma manual mhev did or didn't have the hill start assist? 

Recently collected mine and checking the manual  says to switch on by:

SWITCHING HILL START ASSIST ON AND OFF MANUAL TRANSMISSION, VEHICLES WITH: SYNC 3 1. Press Settings on the touchscreen. 2. Press Driver Assistance. 3. Switch Hill Start Assist on or off. The system remembers the last setting when you start your vehicle. Note:There is no indicator to indicate whether the system is on or off.

However I have no hill start assist in the drop down 😕

Rolled back for the first time in many years having relied on my Fiesta previously!

I'm checking with the dealer and will see what it says, but if anyone did find out please let me know.

Thanks 

Anne

My Puma Vignale has it. I do not remember switching it on. Think it must have been default.

3 hours ago, Rizmo said:

My Puma Vignale has it. I do not remember switching it on. Think it must have been default.

Thank you 

• 10 months later...

For information, Hill Start Assist is a feature on my 2023 Puma ST-Line X (manual) but there is no option to switch it on/off in the settings. 

I have a 71 plate Puma Vignale manual and it has hill start assist. If for some reason it's not available a message should appear to have the vehicle checked asap. Seems like it's module controlled and could require an update. A Ford dealer can advise.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, unofix said:

Hands up all those who are going to buy a new Ford Puma ........... not so fast Alex !!! 

put your hand down 😟     and now pull on the handbrake !

handbrake.JPG

My hands up, taking delivery of my Brand New Puma ST Line Vignale next week, having gone from a Focus Vignale the manual handbrake is going back to real driving. 

opted for the full drivers pack….. looking forward to it