Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions on these tyres?

haroldj97

I'm in need of 4 new tyres on my 2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium and unsure about which tyres to go for. At the moment, I have GT Radial Champiro FE1 all round which have been on since I bought the car and have been fairly decent, although not overly great in the wet. I've picked out these few tyres and was wondering what peoples opinions are of them or if there are any better tyres out there? Not too fussed about price, just after the best tyres for the money really

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 (195/50/R16 88V) - £396.49 from National Tyres (using discount code)

Dunlop Sport Blureponse (195/50/R16 88V) - £379.92 from Asda Tyres (fitted at a local garage and using discount code)

Toyo Proxes CF2 (195/50/R16 88V) - £338.80 from Black Circles

If you just want the best tyres regardless of price I would suggest Michelin Pilot Sport 4. I've recently bought four and they are the best tyres I've ever had. I normally get over 30,000 miles from a set of Michelins if I swap them around front to back to even out the wear. They are often on promotion. I got £50 off the set of four I seem to recall.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matt Alsop said:

If you just want the best tyres regardless of price I would suggest Michelin Pilot Sport 4. I've recently bought four and they are the best tyres I've ever had. I normally get over 30,000 miles from a set of Michelins if I swap them around front to back to even out the wear. They are often on promotion. I got £50 off the set of four I seem to recall.

I did have a look at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 however, unless I'm looking at the wrong tyre, they don't seem to make it in the size I need 195/50/R16?. Only Michelin that I can find in that size is the Primacy 3

Oh I see. I have the Red Edition and I think the wheels are indeed a different size. Mine are 17 inch wheels.

23 minutes ago, Matt Alsop said:

Oh I see. I have the Red Edition and I think the wheels are indeed a different size. Mine are 17 inch wheels.

Ah, I think I'm definitely looking more towards getting the Goodyears based on recent reviews them unless theres any other tyre that's any better for the money

Hello

Have you thought about Continental EcoContact 6. Just had a quick look on national tyres they are £113.00 each without discount code so could be a little on the dear side but I have Continental tyres on my car (mine are 17") but the rear tyres have been on since new and the front tyres were only replaced 2 years ago. I did have to replace a front tyre in December 2020 due to clipping a kerb however I have found them the best tyre for the money. the ratings for the 6s' are A for both economy and wet grip, the sound rating is 72db.

Hope this helps

3 hours ago, haroldj97 said:

I did have a look at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 however, unless I'm looking at the wrong tyre, they don't seem to make it in the size I need 195/50/R16?. Only Michelin that I can find in that size is the Primacy 3

check your owners manual it will list alternative tyre sizes that are acceptable to use. 195 45 r16 may be acceptable alternative without having to swap wheels

3 hours ago, Matt Alsop said:

I was just about to post that I have Pilot Sport 4 205/40 R17s on my Fiesta ST too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haroldj97 said:

I did have a look at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 however, unless I'm looking at the wrong tyre, they don't seem to make it in the size I need 195/50/R16?.

I think they only come in 205/55 R16 or 225/50 R16.

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I was just about to post that I have Pilot Sport 4 205/40 R17s on my Fiesta ST too!

Snap.

If the MPS4 aren't in the right size then I would go with the Goodyear's. I think it was the previous version of the Goodyear EfficientGrip on the 2014 Zetec that I had before my ST.

The Dunlops are getting old now in fairness, I rated them back in 2014 but would choose something else now.

The original EfficientGrips were awful, but the Performance version was considerably better.  Haven't used the '2's but that's what I'd go for out of your list.

Didn't like CF2s at all myself, they're cheaper for a reason lol.

Had a look in the owners manual. Only other suggestion for a 1.0 Ecoboost manual is 195/45/R16 so the Michelin’s are out of the question unfortunately since I believe they start at 205 in 16 inch. I’m going to go with the Goodyear performance 2’s then I think, thanks all for your help

The Goodyears definitely seem the best choice of the 3 you listed, from the reviews I've seen. The Michelin Primacy 4 might be available in your size though, and that too has had good reviews.... but am aware that's muddying the waters if you've made a decision. 

If you're willing, a follow up post saying how you get on with the new tyres could be really helpful 🤓🙂

6 hours ago, wordchild said:

The Goodyears definitely seem the best choice of the 3 you listed, from the reviews I've seen. The Michelin Primacy 4 might be available in your size though, and that too has had good reviews.... but am aware that's muddying the waters if you've made a decision. 

If you're willing, a follow up post saying how you get on with the new tyres could be really helpful 🤓🙂

Sure thing. Hadn't got the tyres in stock at my local National Tyres unfortunately so got it booked in for next weekend so probably make a follow up post in a few weeks time

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club