Do Not Sell My Personal Information

decent dash cams

mrmetallica

i think im going to be looking for another dash cam

does any have one that has lasted for more than a couple of years ? did have a nextbase, battery went changed it but it doesnt seem right so im looking for a decent one

The wedge shape one's are my favourite. They're super discreet so just look like another sensor mounted in the windscreen. I've had the a119 for at least 3 years now and not failed me. It's got a capacitor rather than a battery so much less chance of it failing in the extreme hot/cold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Watch this video (subs in English), looks excellecnt but expensive. The N2 is the same unit but with 2 cameras

https://my-ford-focus.de/dashcam-vantrue-n4/

all i could think of saying was k lol looks good but pricy

• Haha 1

I have had a Viofo a129 duo for 5 years without any issur at all. It's been in 3 different cars and on its way into a 4th at the weekend. I've upgraded to the A139 3ch camera, which is awesome too. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I have had a Viofo a129 duo for 5 years without any issur at all. It's been in 3 different cars and on its way into a 4th at the weekend. I've upgraded to the A139 3ch camera, which is awesome too. 

Agree with Jonro2009.

me and my son are running the Viovo A119 dashcams, both about 5 yr old and been in several cars, worth the money , caught my local seat  bristol street motors taking my sons car for a joy ride and for me used the info and camera footage when we got our wing mirror clipped... to hard wire is simple with a piggyback fuse ..

• Like 2

I recently purchased the latest version of the VIOFO A119 dashcam including their rather useful hardwire kit which has a slider on it, with each position equalling a particular battery voltage so you can use one of the 'parking' modes without worrying about draining the car battery too much.  And as mentioned earlier in this thread, the fact that it contains a supercapacitor instead of a pathetic little battery that dies after 1 summer of being baked through the windscreen (Nextbase I'm looking at you!) means it should last a good few years.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

looks good

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

looks good

I can't fault it to be honest. 

The A129 line up now includes the 4K pro, IR and plus. 

The IR is aimed at taxi drivers as it has an infra red camera for inside the vehicle. The 4kpro provides excellent daytime footage but struggles with night\dark scenes. The Plus model is a very good 'all rounder' it performs well during the day and is superior in the dark. 

The A139 that I have has a front facing wedge type camera, a separate rear facing camera that sits on the rear screen and a separate IR camera for inside the vehicle. 

All the Viofo cameras have super capacitors which increases the length and reliability of the camera. They all have WiFi and GPS plus parking mode too with the dedicated hardwire kit with built in battery protection. 

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for the delivery of my new dashcam, should be with me this Saturday.

AUKEY Dual Dash Cam【Upgraded Sensor】FHD 1080P Front and Rear Camera Car Camera  Supercapacitor 6-Lane 170 Degrees Wide-Angle Lens Dashcam with Night Vision, Motion  Detection, G-Sensor

It is probably not as good as others mentioned here but it was less than £110 including the GPS, has front and rear cameras and looks like it will do a decent job for the price.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

I'm just waiting for the delivery of my new dashcam, should be with me this Saturday.

AUKEY Dual Dash Cam【Upgraded Sensor】FHD 1080P Front and Rear Camera Car Camera  Supercapacitor 6-Lane 170 Degrees Wide-Angle Lens Dashcam with Night Vision, Motion  Detection, G-Sensor

It is probably not as good as others mentioned here but it was less than £110 including the GPS, has front and rear cameras and looks like it will do a decent job for the price.

The Aukey is a decent enough camera and it's well priced, it has the same form as the Viofo and looks similar in every aspect. The lens is not as advanced but has a wider angle than the Viofo which has pros and cons, the pros being better field of view but that comes at a cost, the distortion/fisheye effect is more noticeable. It's not a reason not to buy it though, it can get some very good quality footage. The build quality is not as good as Viofo, but Viofos build quality is not as good as Thinkware, it's good for it's pricepoint.  I don't think you will be disappointed with it all though, it's a capable piece of kit. Easy to install and discreet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cheers all for ideas

just wondering are there any that have hard drives instead of sd card ?my sd card has gone down looked up warranty and 10 years normall use and only 1 year if use in a dash cam ! some reason it wont let me format it i can see whats on it but thats it any ideas to get it back ?

9 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

cheers all for ideas

just wondering are there any that have hard drives instead of sd card ?my sd card has gone down looked up warranty and 10 years normall use and only 1 year if use in a dash cam ! some reason it wont let me format it i can see whats on it but thats it any ideas to get it back ?

Trust me, you don't want a hard drive on a dash cam. It would be literally 3 times the size, not to mention reliability issues being baked in the summer time/ condensation.

You need an SD card designed for continuous use.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Trust me, you don't want a hard drive on a dash cam. It would be literally 3 times the size, not to mention reliability issues being baked in the summer time/ condensation.

You need an SD card designed for continuous use.

just looked up a endurance card and still only 1 year warranty

I've had a SanDisk High Endurance micro SD card running in a dashcam for 4 years and 48,000 miles with no errors.

46 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

I've had a SanDisk High Endurance micro SD card running in a dashcam for 4 years and 48,000 miles with no errors.

im going to look at getting one

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club