Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi all. Recently purchased a Fiesta Titanium 67 plate. It has automatic lights, which I previously didn’t have. When the auto lights system is on and it’s bright, the headlights aswell as the day running lights also come on (green light appears on the dash) I assume this isn’t right. Any ideas to change it so only the day lights come on and when the sun goes down the headlights come on? Thank you. 

Hi Lewis, can you post a picture of your light switch with it set to auto. I would just like to confirm which system you have

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Auto lights should turn on either when it gets dark or when the wipers are on for a while. If they are on (green light showing) in bright sunlight, then there is a fault with them, possibly the sensor on the windscreen.

38 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Lewis, can you post a picture of your light switch with it set to auto. I would just like to confirm which system you have

Being a 2018, 67 plate it will be most likely to be a mk8 Fiesta

The symbol with an A in it is Auto lights, To turn them off (drl) rotate to 'O' position. However the car defaults back to Auto whenever you get back into the again.

I had a Mk 7.5 and the auto lights used to come on if it was really sunny, my Mk8 doesn't do it.