Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Empty washer bottle indicator

Jaffo
聽Share

I have just bought a Ford Focus 2010 MK2.5 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it should have some form of indicator to tell you when the windscreen washer bottle is nearly empty?

Thanks.

Hi ! On mine which is a mk3.5 I get a message on the info screen when its low but on our 2014 grand c max there isnt one . So I dont know lol sorry!馃槈馃憤

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jaffo said:

I have just bought a Ford Focus 2010 MK2.5 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it should have some form of indicator to tell you when the windscreen washer bottle is nearly empty?

Thanks.

Just a thought, but are you able to refer to the handbook? My lowly LX doesn't have an indicator, but if you go up the trim ladder, they do. Seems to be quite hit/miss whether you have one or not. As a result, I simply fill it up every week, 'just in case' LOL

If you have xenons (with headlight washers) you'll definitely have a low level warning.

• Like 1

My mk2.5 Focus Sport doesn't have it.

I don't think anything below Titanium has it.

TBH it's annoying it warns you several times when it still has loads in it but does save problems. When I had the MK2.5 style it didn't have it and ran out at awkward times. I wonder if anyone has tried retrofitting it.聽

I think the sensor is intentionally high up because it's designed for the headlight washer pump really, they use loads more screenwash than the regular jets do.

I wanted to retrofit it on my early Mk3 Titanium but the wiring wasn't there.聽 The actual bottle is the same shape so easy enough to swap over.

• Like 1

Mine only warns once per journey, usually when I get a few聽miles away from home. If it warned when I started the engine I would be able to nip into the shed and get some to fill it up, but that聽would be easy so the car is programmed to wait until I'm on a main road in the middle of nowhere before it warns me.聽鈽癸笍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Mk4 holds several litres, way more than any other car I鈥檝e had.聽

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

My Mk4 holds several litres, way more than any other car I鈥檝e had.聽

My mk 3.5 seems to hold way less than that lol

A while back I asked on this forum what the capacity of windscreen washer fluid was on my Mk2, consensus seemed to be about 5 liters...

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

A while back I asked on this forum what the capacity of windscreen washer fluid was on my Mk2, consensus seemed to be about 5 liters...

It鈥檚 a lot of screen wash!聽
last two motors were Vauxhalls , nothing like the capacity on this! I thought I鈥檇 a leak. A bottles 5 litres ? Took almost it all !聽

I'm quite confident it's fairly accurate. Once I filled it using my whole watering can which has a capacity of 5 liters.

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm quite confident it's fairly accurate. Once I filled it using my whole watering can which has a capacity of 5 liters.

I鈥檓 gonna steal that idea! I鈥檝e a stupid little funnel.聽

• Haha 1

I've had 2 x mk2.5 Titanium estates, and neither has had washer fluid warning.
I retrofitted a mk2 washer bottle.
The level control is a very common part across thousands of cars, but the grommet is hard to get. I finished up paying 拢15 on eBay far a bottle with level float and a tail of wire fitted.
I've also noticed that neither of my 2 x Titaniums had the wiring to the connector on the bottle.
I ran 1 x wire through an inner wing hole and screwed an earth (under my coolant reservoir, but it doesn't really matter where)
I ran the other wire across the bulkhead, poked a huge needle through the rubber bung with the main cabin wiring (be careful!) followed the side wiring to the blue connector (C111 pin 18 iirc) and tapped it in.
I activated the warning light via ELM.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club