Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What tyres are you running?

VFR800

My Focus MK4 ST LineX (2019) came with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, 235/40 ZR 18 95W

I don't push hard, not all the time, but am impressed. They have decent grip in pretty much all scenarios. When pushed i think it's the live rear axel that lets the side down.

I think the only gripe i have is their noise level, but that may be down to their low(ish) profile.

What are you rocking and are they any good?

In summer my ST is still on it's original Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's 235/35 ZR 19 91Y.

They have absolutely excellent grip wet or dry and always inspire confidence. They do generate a bit of road noise but not unbearable.

I will definitely fit another set once these wear out.

In winter I run a set of Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Plus's 235/40 R 18 95V on MK3.5 ST wheels.

These are fantastic in snow, slush and water and I did not get stuck at all this season.

They're quiet too for a winter tyre, probably as quiet as the Michelins.

They wear slowly as well, two winters done and still 6mm tread left all round.

• Like 2

My LX is running 'autogrip' tires, the cheapest on the planet LOL The car barely has enough power to punch it's way out of a soggy wet paper bag, and the tire is more than adequate. Road legal, passes every MOT. Now, years ago when I was a young thing, I'd have thought nothing of spending £200+ on a single Bridgstone for my Celica GT4, but now being an old f*rt, I'm quite happy if I get to the end of a journey without a puncture  🤣

2007780686_autogrioLoRes.thumb.jpg.598ac8b93a74737998f9fdafcbad777f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I rate kuhmo tyres, used to fit alot of them a few years ago. Now fit them on all the cars I  look after (Mondeo,fiesta, fiesta, Peugeot 107 and seat Leon) decent tyres and sensible prices. 

But kumho don't do them for my vfr800 though 😂😂

• Like 2

Uniroyal RainSport 5. Decent grip, low noise, long lasting, fair price.

• Like 2

Michelin Cross Climate +....205/55 R16. The best tyres ever had. Worth every penny!!!

• Like 3

Is my 2017 st line x the odd one out here?

Seems my front tyres are a different brand to the back.

Think it's Michelin on the front and Continental on the back or vice versa.

Is this normal or is my car as odd as its driver??????

1 minute ago, billybob66 said:

Is this normal...

Entirely normal LOL Fronts wear out quicker than rears, so replacement is often at different intervals and therefore reliant on whatever offer is current... :thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, billybob66 said:

Is this normal...

Entirely normal LOL Fronts wear out quicker than rears, so replacement is often at different intervals and therefore reliant on whatever offer is current... :thumbsup:

Edited by StephenFord
Forum thinks a double post is fun, I just find it bl**dy annoying!!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

If you find the post is taking too long first copy what you posted just incase then press back and you will find its already posted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, F0CUE said:

If you find the post is taking too long first copy what you posted just incase then press back and you will find its already posted. 

That's the thing, it's happened to me 3 times now, everytime, I have only hit the 'submit' button once, yet it posted twice! Like I said, bl**dy annoying especially as you do not have the option to delete a post.

• Like 1

I have 3 x Goodyears and a Bridgestone Turanza.

I have a spare wheel and a new Michelin Pilot on top.

• 2 weeks later...

Autogreen Super Sport Chaser SSC5. Not expensive and last very well

On 3/29/2021 at 8:12 PM, OilSheikh said:

You carry two spares ? 

One in the boot and the on the roof like the Land rovers do in the desert ?

Must have some pretty bad roads out where you are to warrant two spares.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, Wino said:

You carry two spares ? 

One in the boot and the on the roof like the Land rovers do in the desert ?

Must have some pretty bad roads out where you are to warrant two spares.

So, in June 2020, my car felt like it was drifting to a side when I let go of the steering. I figured it's time for a wheel alignment. I took it to the garage and they asked me to turn the front wheels while the car was parked. They then showed me the exposed cords on the  inside of both wheels.

I was infuriated as I had just bought all four new Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance GEGP  tyres from Kwifit in Aug 2019 ( they had the best prices ) @ £56 each (and a free night's  hotel stay which I used when I stayed at Greene King Ryde castle in Isle of Wight ) . On top of that, I am a city worker and my car stays on the driveway all week as I take the train to work, so I was baffled.

Now, I needed the car to be back on the road asap as I was working from home but  had to drop off mum to her workplace every day and then pick her up as well. Combined with an amazon voucher, I could buy the Pilot sport tyres for £40 but delivery would be a week later! Regrettably, Kwikfit were the next cheapest and I went there again and replaced the faulty tyres with GEGP ones again @ £65 each. 

I decided to buy a bunch of tyres from amazon but wasn't sure about the shelf life. So, I bought one and I thought to myself that I can order some more from amazon if ever needed. My brother also drives an identical Fcous and he could use this if ever needed. Almost a year later, I have not needed to use this backup tyre and Amazon have jacked up the price !

Avon ZV7 215/55 16 all round. Only decent thing about the the 1l is tyres tend to last twice as long. 

13 hours ago, OilSheikh said:

So, in June 2020, my car felt like it was drifting to a side when I let go of the steering. I figured it's time for a wheel alignment. I took it to the garage and they asked me to turn the front wheels while the car was parked. They then showed me the exposed cords on the  inside of both wheels.

I was infuriated as I had just bought all four new Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance GEGP  tyres from Kwifit in Aug 2019 ( they had the best prices ) @ £56 each (and a free night's  hotel stay which I used when I stayed at Greene King Ryde castle in Isle of Wight ) . On top of that, I am a city worker and my car stays on the driveway all week as I take the train to work, so I was baffled.

Now, I needed the car to be back on the road asap as I was working from home but  had to drop off mum to her workplace every day and then pick her up as well. Combined with an Amazon voucher, I could buy the Pilot sport tyres for £40 but delivery would be a week later! Regrettably, Kwikfit were the next cheapest and I went there again and replaced the faulty tyres with GEGP ones again @ £65 each. 

I decided to buy a bunch of tyres from Amazon but wasn't sure about the shelf life. So, I bought one and I thought to myself that I can order some more from Amazon if ever needed. My brother also drives an identical Fcous and he could use this if ever needed. Almost a year later, I have not needed to use this backup tyre and Amazon have jacked up the price !

How far out was your tracking and alignment?

1 hour ago, VFR800 said:

How far out was your tracking and alignment?

Do you mean which part of the inside wheel had the cord showing? It was the first line from the inside.  I changed the tyres and then did a wheel tracking & alignment. So, who knows how bad it was.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club