Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Gasket replacement

alfapat

Unusual or not, is there a guide somewhere , I tried to cement it with Steel seal but may be to late as there is so much back pressure from 2 cylinder through the expansion bottle it wasn't possible to save . Is this job usually quite successful. Given the car has done 99,000 , the timing belt would need a change . Is it quite straight forward. 

Any help much appreciated , useful with spanners!

Sorry meant to say this work would be on a Fiesta 1.4 Petrol 2005

• 1 month later...

Head gasket replaced and head skimmed . 

So there is a problem with idle and power or the lack of it and no engine codes . The ecu has been checked , would anyone be able to throw a few clues as to what might be happening Idle a little rough but does this at 759 , I feel a little low. It will often cut out coming to a stop in traffic and is not eager to accelerate 3000 rpm.

Sounds like the timing belt hasn't been timed correctly. That gives poor idle and lack of power. 

Thank you for your reply, that would be a shame if it is , I took a lot of time with the proper tools etc . and setting up , checked over after 2 turns and both the tdc was correct with the slots and bar at the camshaft . I am reading something at the moment about the evap emission pipes my be blocked so I will give that ago , I know the solenoid they are plumbed into is working.

Ok timing checked , and found inlet cam 2mm out with timing plate , all rebuilt and pwer a lot better and idle taking a little longer,  a few cut outs or stall,  but better . Question is, does it get better , or am I missing something .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club