Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software update

The Latman
聽Share

Hey folks,

Hope you're all keeping safe 馃檪

Just noticed there is a new SYNC update available for my car:聽SYNC3_2807651462.聽 聽Anybody know what this does, or is it just general fixes?聽 聽

Lat

It's an upgrade to version 20351. Got mine today as well but so far can't see any difference

• Like 1

Just done mine this morning, took about 20 mins. My heart sank聽when the heading at the top of the display turned to gobbledegook after getting the 'update completed' message however it came back on normally after I turned off and restarted again. As mentioned above I can't see any difference at all. I was hoping it might cure the glitch whereby my iPhone turns off amazon music every time after a couple of mins and I have to manually turn it back on again following which it stays connected ok - but it hasn't!

IMG_0738.jpg

35 minutes ago, Gaz1000SX said:

Just done mine this morning, took about 20 mins. My heart sank聽when the heading at the top of the display turned to gobbledegook after getting the 'update completed' message however it came back on normally after I turned off and restarted again. As mentioned above I can't see any difference at all. I was hoping it might cure the glitch whereby my iphone turns off Amazon Music every time after a couple of mins and I have to manually turn it back on again following which it stays connected ok - but it hasn't!

IMG_0738.jpg

My heart skipped a beat when instead of asking me if i wanted to update, it just went ahead and updated.....

I see I have a map update to apply as well, 22543548025.聽 I have questions:

1.聽 I thought map updates were chargeable, or聽is that only for the Sync and Sync 2 systems that needed a memory card?聽 聽Or, this not an actual map content聽update, more the Sat Nav software behind it?

2. 24 gb, how long do map updates normally take?

24GB will take a while to download - I'd recommend doing a map update the USB method. And then you'll need to go out on a drive, anywhere between 50-90 minutes which will include stopping to get out and turn the car off etc.聽

1 hour ago, karlbbb said:

24GB will take a while to download - I'd recommend doing a map update the USB method. And then you'll need to go out on a drive, anywhere between 50-90 minutes which will include stopping to get out and turn the car off etc.聽

Cool, thanks.聽 Already had it downloaded, was more the length of time to install it.聽 Given lockdown, can't exactly go for a 90 minute drive these days..