Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.20351 now live

steve67

Wow, I cannot believe it, after some of us having to wait ages for the F9 map update within weeks we now get a sync 3.4 update. 😀

Roll on the F10 Map update. 😂

I have just downloaded it but as Dave says does anyone know what the differences are ?

Edit: The following are for anyone in the know who can identify the changes by looking at the following screenshots. 

Root Directory Folders.jpg

autoinstall.lst Folder.jpg

SyncMyRide Folder File List.jpg

Just updated! Now my radio station logos are gone 😅

Only difference so far is that the Radio Logos should look different on the background and uh... maybe smoother animations?

I'll try a master reset later to see if they come back.

• Like 1

It's just the main software being updated in this one, 5U5T-14G381-EM.

Everything else is just to check it's for the correct Sync hardware and to create the log file.

• Thanks 1

Just updated in my 2020 ecoblue 1,5  Focus.

The only difference from the previous version are the graphics on the radio screen.

It needed only 10 minutes to do it and everything works fine.

Here in Greece we do not have DAB stations at all !!!

How do it works?

Is it worthing installing such a technology in our country?

What are the benefits of this technology?

All of you have a nice evening!

Greetings from sunny Athens/Greece!!!

🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

Having to do the DAB logo update manually again...🙄

• Like 1

How can I get the radio station logos back?

I’ve tried this 3 times and it won’t generate a log file.  In addition I get a number of interlog files generated.  What are these and how do I prepare my own log file?  Also, how do I get my radio logos back.  I’m seriously thinking of doing a voluntary termination on my pcp and getting ANY car without a built in sat nav!!

Edited by SteveP1041
Spelling error

4 minutes ago, SteveP1041 said:

I’ve tried this 3 times and it won’t generate a log file.  In addition I get a number of interlog files generated.  What are these and how do I prepare my own log file?  Also, how do I get my radio logos back.  I’m seriously thinking of doing a voluntary termination on my pcp and getting ANY car without sa built in sat nav!!

You could try and download the standalone log generator from the troubleshooting section of the Sync update page. That worked for the wife’s Fiesta.8A7FBE91-25DA-422D-9764-64AE1AA803D1.thumb.jpeg.521900fab0fdcfa7c4501c45b7205c0a.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

You could try and download the standalone log generator from the troubleshooting section of the Sync update page. That worked for the wife’s Fiesta.8A7FBE91-25DA-422D-9764-64AE1AA803D1.thumb.jpeg.521900fab0fdcfa7c4501c45b7205c0a.jpeg

Thank you!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Col, I haven't carried out the update yet but was there a log file generated after your update or is this a common issue with this download ?

Anyone else having problems generating a log file ?

Well I did get the log file generated and stuff but I’m missing the logos. Do I need to download the dab file using cyanlabs and trigger a manual patch?

1 minute ago, PLB said:

Col, was there a log file generated after your update or is this a common issue with this download ?

Hi Paul, I'm sorry, I don't know if that's an issue with this download.

I had the wife's Fiesta on 3.4.20351 before it was officially released. I downloaded the standalone log generator and ran it this afternoon to keep Ford's records up to date.

• Thanks 1

I checked my sync and it works fine!!!

I wonder if the maps are updated too since the last update.

Truth is, that sometimes my previous version was a little lagging when i was using the navigation.

Tomorrow i am going to use the navigation in purpose to see if it still lags.

Installation is a little bit easy if you excact follow the instructions.

5 minutes ago, Eliterox said:

Well I did get the log file generated and stuff but I’m missing the logos. Do I need to download the dab file using cyanlabs and trigger a manual patch?

I posted a link to the latest logo file and an autoinstall file in another thread, see here: 

Download these two files.

Format your USB drive as exFAT.

Create a folder called SyncMyRide in the root of this drive.

Place the logo file inside this folder.

Copy the autoinstall.lst file to the root of this drive.

Once done it should look like this with the logo file inside the SyncMyRide folder.

2021-03-29.thumb.png.0234e46cedfdc996e8089a79ca6b01af.png1382406976_2021-03-29(1).thumb.png.3506fc2bd97ef5e4d167516a551c8826.png

Installation should only take a few minutes and afterwards you should have most of your radio logos back.

• Thanks 2

I printed off the instructions and tried to follow them to the letter.  It told me the first part was completed and to restart the car, whereas the instructions said  the update would restart automatically!  The map

update took a total of 4 hrs and around a third of a tankful of petrol!  I’ve now wasted another hour plus and more petrol.  What moron came up

This this as an idea?   My car has auto update but has not done one in over two years!

Alright, i got all the logos back.

In case you end up like me with no logos, just format a usb stick (exFat) and add an autoinstall.lst file and a folder named SyncMyRide at the drive root.

I ended up downlading the DAB logos using the cyanlabs downloader and edited the .lst file template i found up in the forum.

; ENH_DAB Update - Autoinstall Mode - Sync 3.4.20136 EU

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL_PRODUCT]
Item1 = ENH_DAB - 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

DAB File: 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Let me know if anyone else needs more info on this :).

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

I printed off the instructions and tried to follow them to the letter.  It told me the first part was completed and to restart the car, whereas the instructions said  the update would restart automatically!  The map

update took a total of 4 hrs and around a third of a tankful of petrol!  I’ve now wasted another hour plus and more petrol.  What moron came up with  this as an idea?   My car has auto update but has not done one in over two years!

Edited by SteveP1041
Typing error

Took maybe 15 Min to install, but like others lost the radio logos.

Use the files as suggested by Col,   logos are back, plus I notice a few are updated and a few extra than I had before.

• Thanks 1

I’m not comfortable downloading files from a 3rd party website which may affect my extended warranty. I’ve raised a case with Ford Customer Complaints and will see what they say.  I’ll also take it up with Ford Credit regarding my PCP contract.  I’m not that computer literate and I’ve had it up to here with the whole process!

The new update took about 20 minutes to install for me, if that. Just working on getting my radio logos now.

22 hours ago, Eliterox said:

Just updated! Now my radio station logos are gone 😅

Only difference so far is that the Radio Logos should look different on the background and uh... maybe smoother animations?

I'll try a master reset later to see if they come back.

I did mine today, a bit installed on the way to work and by the time I got home it was all done. I was hoping not to do a master reset because it wipes out all my satnav favorites, but I may have to because one recent addition appears on the main screen but not the smaller screen.