Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.20351 now live

steve67

On 3/31/2021 at 7:17 PM, colinmcg71 said:

I haven't seen vehicle location in my FordPass app for a while now. (iOS 14.4.2 FordPass v3.17.1)

I've just installed FordPass Pro to see if that was any better and it showed vehicle location straight away.

Thanks for the tip, I’ve now got both apps on my android phone because the pro version doesn’t have the remote start feature, hopefully there will be a fix soon

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingfisher1967 said:

Thanks for the tip, I’ve now got both apps on my android phone because the pro version doesn’t have the remote start feature, hopefully there will be a fix soon

LOL, forget what I said, it does have a remote start feature. As long as it does what I need I've uninstalled the normal version 

• Haha 1

For those who prefer the very latest you can now get Sync v3.4.21020 using cyanlabs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaSingh said:

For those who prefer the very latest you can now get Sync v3.4.21020 using cyanlabs

Bleeding edge etc...

8150A844-3627-40DE-970E-3FCFD8694CEC.thumb.jpeg.52f932c7c6029099ec9961564494c8da.jpeg

9E92245B-A99E-460E-9822-8AA17735D2ED.thumb.jpeg.9dce60502f683d13bf14d876e239a4be.jpeg

Can’t help myself! 😅

I recently updated to Sync3.4.20351 and was then offered an 8.2GB maps download although I already installed the 22GB F9 maps at the end of last year. However when I try to install the 8.2GB update in the car, I keep getting a MEM_ERR01 error message. I've tried checking for OTA updates in the car and it says up to date so not sure what this update is. Does anyone know what the 8.2GB is and what the error is?

1 hour ago, martinb14 said:

I recently updated to Sync3.4.20351 and was then offered an 8.2GB maps download although I already installed the 22GB F9 maps at the end of last year. However when I try to install the 8.2GB update in the car, I keep getting a MEM_ERR01 error message. I've tried checking for OTA updates in the car and it says up to date so not sure what this update is. Does anyone know what the 8.2GB is and what the error is?

I did the same as you ,although I do not get the error message. Mine seems to be stuck in a loop, it loads the first part it asks you to do a key cycle, after doing that it just downloads the first part again and again and again , I must have used a couple of gallons of petrol trying to download the thing.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:41 PM, PLB said:

I was going to start another thread referring to this problem but I thought I would ask here first as it appears to have happened to me recently over the last couple of weeks, since my recent F9 map update, Sync 3.4.20351 update and the logo update.

In my FordPass android app under 'Vehicle' it now shows 'Unable to locate' and if i click on the 'Map icon' at the bottom the app appears to crash with a message 'FordPass has stopped. Everything else appears to work as normal, remote door lock/unlock vehicle start and oil, tyre pressure etc information is reported.

Now i realise this may be coincidental but has anyone else experienced this problem since any of the recent updates, although to be honest I am leaning towards a problem with the app ?

I have noticed the 'Unable to locate' problem in the last couple of days ... telephoned FordPass and spoke to a Guide, Sarah.  She confirmed they are aware of this problem which affects Android users of the app.  This will be resolved with the release of a new version of the app (3.19.0) over the course of next week (commencing 5 April).

If your phone automatically updates, great.  If not, you should should keep an eye out for the updated version.

• Like 2

This evening updated FordPass to 3.19.0 ... all working fine now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linds said:

This evening updated FordPass to 3.19.0 ... all working fine now.

Thanks, yes just updated to 3.19.0 and now all working. 👍

• Like 2

Mine was lagging and crashing all the time for 10 days...now after a uninstall and a reinstall process, works fine for the moment (3.19.0 edition ).

I do not know what was wrong with the app, but it helps me all the time for my trips and my parking. The days that was not working properly i felt such so angry...

Have a good day all of you!!!

Greetings from cloudy Athens/Greece!!!!

On 3/29/2021 at 7:30 PM, Eliterox said:

Alright, i got all the logos back.

In case you end up like me with no logos, just format a usb stick (exFat) and add an autoinstall.lst file and a folder named SyncMyRide at the drive root.

I ended up downlading the DAB logos using the cyanlabs downloader and edited the .lst file template i found up in the forum.

; ENH_DAB Update - Autoinstall Mode - Sync 3.4.20136 EU

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL_PRODUCT]
Item1 = ENH_DAB - 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

DAB File: 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Let me know if anyone else needs more info on this :).

Cheers!

Can you help or advise further for someone who has only a basic computer knowledge of how to this?!?

Many apologies in advance if this is actually simpler that it what seems! 

Interesting bit of info. Sync version numbers include build dates in yyddd format.

So 3.4.20351 was built on day 351 of 2020, 16th December.

The latest version on Cyanlabs is 3.4.21020, January 20 2021.

F9 (1st release) Maps are version number 3.2.19324, built November 20, 2019.

F9 (2nd release) Maps are version number 3.2.20071, built March 11, 2020.

F10 Maps are version number 3.2.20339, built December 4, 2020.

Edited by colinmcg71
Add map version info.
  • Like 2

Posted on wrong thread there. 
Successfully downloaded the latest sync update yesterday.     . when I get in the car it automatically connects to my Apple music. The new layout is great but the album art doesn’t show unless I pause it then press play. Anyone else have the same issue?

50E3537B-2294-4E5A-A2A1-7881CEC482B4.png

Could someone please attach the the two items needed to get my radio logos back, I keep getting error code LST_ERR05 meaning somehow its corrupted. All the attachments earlier in the post do not open for me.

Many Thanks

4 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

Could someone please attach the the two items needed to get my radio logos back, I keep getting error code LST_ERR05 meaning somehow its corrupted. All the attachments earlier in the post do not open for me.

Many Thanks

Here’s the autoinstall link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0k5d4GSZm4h520DZ

And here’s the latest logo file:

http://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

26 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Posted on wrong thread there. 
Successfully downloaded the latest sync update yesterday.     . when I get in the car it automatically connects to my Apple Music. The new layout is great but the album art doesn’t show unless I pause it then press play. Anyone else have the same issue?

50E3537B-2294-4E5A-A2A1-7881CEC482B4.png

Seems fine for me.

Just tried Apple music via bluetooth on the way home and all the album art shows without having to press pause then play.

24 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Seems fine for me.

Just tried Apple Music via Bluetooth on the way home and all the album art shows without having to press pause then play.

It’s only from first getting into the car. It plays automatically but without the art.  After pressing pause then play the art shows for that song and every song after. It’s a strange one. 
See the 8.2Gb map update , it’s saying I need it. Do I ? 

9 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It’s only from first getting into the car. It plays automatically but without the art.  After pressing pause then play the art shows for that song and every song after. It’s a strange one. 
See the 8.2Gb map update , it’s saying I need it. Do I ? 

Ah right. I’ll leave bluetooth music playing when I park the car and see what happens when I get back in.

• Like 1

Thanks for the links, the first part downloads but the second part refuses to download. It seems to be the first part at fault (lst) as it comes up as error on my sync screen. Looking at the text file there does'nt appear to be a problem.

Any ideas

Many thanks

13 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

Thanks for the links, the first part downloads but the second part refuses to download. It seems to be the first part at fault (lst) as it comes up as error on my sync screen. Looking at the text file there does'nt appear to be a problem.

Any ideas

Many thanks

Hi Geoff,

LST_ERR05 means ‘Package not found’

Can you have a look in your SyncMyRide folder. It should look like this - 

9878A64B-C566-4D15-B6CB-57E784282EBA.thumb.png.b5f32f93961caf6d3aae8a6f0f7750d7.png

Could you also open up the autoinstall.lst file in notepad, it should look like this - 

EDF85A76-8C87-462D-98FA-4C41179CDEC4.thumb.jpeg.d96423520879981f6f78a50367cf877e.jpeg

If they both look correct you should be good to go.

Hi @Alex.S

bluetooth music started playing when I got back in the car, and same as you, the album art was missing. I didn’t press pause then play just decided to wait and see what would happen.

After about 10-15 seconds the album art reappeared.

I am using Apple, will this make a difference ?, its never been a bother in the past.

27 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

I am using Apple, will this make a difference ?, its never been a bother in the past.

That could be your problem. I think MacOS has a habit of automatically uzipping downloaded archived files. 

Found this: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/260152/why-does-tar-gz-automatically-extract-the-gzip-archive-when-i-download-it-in-sa

If you look inside the SyncMyRide folder the contents of the logo file may have been extracted.

If that has happened the file name will be 1U5T-14G658-AF.tar instead of 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

That'll be why Sync is throwing the LST_ERR05 as it can't find file it's looking for. 

If you change that Safari setting temporarily for downloading the logo file you should be good to go. 

Edited by colinmcg71
add link

38 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi @Alex.S

Bluetooth music started playing when I got back in the car, and same as you, the album art was missing. I didn’t press pause then play just decided to wait and see what would happen.

After about 10-15 seconds the album art reappeared.

Hello Col 

I just tested mine. Album art appears on the 2nd tune played then flawlessly afterwards. I think it’s something I’ll have to live with. It’s a very minor inconvenience! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Hello Col 

I just tested mine. Album art appears on the 2nd tune played then flawlessly afterwards. I think it’s something I’ll have to live with. It’s a very minor inconvenience! 

Yeah, I can put up with that too, it's nothing major. 

• Like 1