Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.20351 now live

steve67

1 hour ago, Sneezy24 said:

The website doesn't create a log file for you.

It provides a tool and instructions to use a USB stick in the car to produce a log file, which still needs uploading to the website.

Just clarifying what happens.

Oh well. I’m no good with computers. But I accidentally deleted the log file from my usb stick, the website sorted it (can’t remember details) there’s live chat there too. 
*edit

You’re right..

Managed to get the maps updated today. Had some fun extracting the zip file to the USB stick. Kept stalling and getting a message to say that the file 1U5T-14G422-BFH.tar.gz was uncopiable. 

I removed that from the zip file, tried again, and all was good. I amended the install file to remove the corrupted file, and installed it in the car. Went for a 90 minute drive whilst it did so. Now on F10 maps.  I'm just worried about what the corrupted file was for and what didn't update.

Yet again, no xml file was created, but the following file called utloggingutility.Interlog_utility.log was. This contained the following: 

InterrogatorLog() +

CopyInterrogatorLog +

Interrogator log generation unsuccessful

CopyInterrogatorLog -

InterrogatorLog() -

getVINnumber thread already terminated.

I had to resume downloading onto pc 3 times. Due to errors. Eventually went thru. My bro says any problems would be found when extracting. 🤷‍♂️ 
Also couldn’t find xml log file after successfully updating. Double clicked a file on the usb. Wasn’t xml but done the trick. 

5 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I had to resume downloading onto pc 3 times. Due to errors. Eventually went thru. My bro says any problems would be found when extracting. 🤷‍♂️ 
Also couldn’t find xml log file after successfully updating. Double clicked a file on the usb. Wasn’t xml but done the trick. 

I gave up using the website as it either failed or when it did download the car refused the update.

However ive done all the updates over the air through a hotspot and they have all worked fine.

Ive wrote everything down and just posting it on another article

Sync 3.4 Build 20021, F10 Maps all Language Pages updates OTA. New Feature - Ford Focus Club - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

• Like 2

Did a 1hr 10min drive yesterday, got the messages about updating at the start, got the down arrow top-right,it stayed on during the whole journey. No key-cycle messages. Arrived, turned car off, left USB stick in.

Return journey - got the messages about updating again, down arrow on for the journey (1hr 20mins due to M25 being messy), still no key cycle messages. I did see occasional 'Netherlands & Denmark 4/5' in the radio section of the home screen.

Leaving USB stick in. Short couple of journeys today (15-20mins each)

Is it updating bit-by-bit? Or starting afresh each journey????

1 hour ago, Sneezy24 said:

Is it updating bit-by-bit? Or starting afresh each journey????

Yes and No !!

Don't you just love answers like that ?

It will resume from the last complete file it installed, so if it was 86% through installing a file and you switch off then it will go back to the start of that file next time you switch on.

All files it has fully installed it will not re-install each time you restart, so you will be making progress just sometimes not very quickly.

26 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes and No !!

Don't you just love answers like that ?

It will resume from the last complete file it installed, so if it was 86% through installing a file and you switch off then it will go back to the start of that file next time you switch on.

All files it has fully installed it will not re-install each time you restart, so you will be making progress just sometimes not very quickly.

That is what I hoped! It seemed to do a bit more today....

Onwards and up(?)wards!!!

If it ever finishes, I'll post here!!! (by which time there will probably be another update to do!)

• 2 weeks later...

It does appear to be updating bit-by-bit - mainly local running at present (10miles max) but the display does say 'updating....'

Ho-hum!

1 minute ago, Sneezy24 said:

updating bit-by-bit

It will be finished for Christmas !! (just not saying which year)

46 minutes ago, unofix said:

It will be finished for Christmas !! (just not saying which year)

Ha ha ha!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Just updated my Focus from build no 21020 to 21194, only a 2. something MB update, so didn’t take long. Once finished l plugged in my USB to my PC to get a log file and according to Ford l’m now up to date, l must admit l was expecting a map update!🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club