Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 focus pollen filter air flow

Fordfootforward

Hi guys, 

just about to put my new pollen filter in, my question (I know it’s a silly one) is which way does the arrows on the pollen filter point? 
thanks for any help

Whichever way the old one came out! :wink: 

I seem to remember it's counter-intuitive on the Focus though, air-flow arrow points towards the engine when you'd expect it to point towards the cabin.

57 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Whichever way the old one came out! :wink: 

I seem to remember it's counter-intuitive on the Focus though, air-flow arrow points towards the engine when you'd expect it to point towards the cabin.

Are you sure? 

Haynes manual says different     image.png.777e7f773af95259ed7588c274d0c25d.png

1 minute ago, Ned_Mk2_1.8tdci said:

Are you sure? 

Not 100% no, it's been 4 years since I changed a Mk2 pollen filter lol.  I'd definitely check the old one when it comes out.

Yes it's defo towards the cabin and in mk2 a total pita to do. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the answer, I opted for the most logical arrows pointing towards cabin, as for how it came out I stupidly never paid it any attention however I think it may have been arrows pointing towards the engine (garage fitted it on last service) i’ll post some pics of the old one tomorrow but the side the arrows pointed to was the dirtiest when I took it out. 
Is that right? 

thanks again chaps

9 hours ago, Fordfootforward said:

Thanks for all the answer, I opted for the most logical arrows pointing towards cabin, as for how it came out I stupidly never paid it any attention however I think it may have been arrows pointing towards the engine (garage fitted it on last service) i’ll post some pics of the old one tomorrow but the side the arrows pointed to was the dirtiest when I took it out. 
Is that right? 

thanks again chaps

Maybe garages are just putting them in backwards then! 🤦‍♂️  Arrow should point away from the dirty side.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if garages even bother looking at the arrows

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club