Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Mk4 FORScan Tweaks


colinmcg71
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

The very first post in this thread by Colinmcg71 has a list of all the changes needed. Use the latest version of ForScan and just select what you want 

Oh, I didn't realise I had to just change field. I've been looking into forscan and making changes and most of what I've seen is people using codes to make changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The1nonly1 said:

Am I best changing one at a time or doing them all in one go? One at a time seems safest.

You would be fine making all the climate changes in the APIM in one go, that’s what I did.

As @unofix said above definitely save your original configuration before making any changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, The1nonly1 said:

I keep seeing a lot about codes but not finding any for my model of car. I want to add Climate control and Heated seats to sync 3 screen.

There are two ways of doing the changes:

Module Configuration

Module Configuration (Asbuilt)

When you enter the modules in Asbuilt mode you will just see a bunch of codes

Splash screen change for example will be 7D0-02-01 you change the relevant code within the box to change the function - sometimes you change a 0 to a 1

In normal module configuration mode there is a list of functions with a drop box next to it

Example BCMii - LH Fog Lamp usage - The drop down box will list:

No Fogs or None

Fog Lamp only

Fog and cornering lamp

Fog and cornering and DRL

Fog and High Beam (Bambi Mode)

Fog as DRL etc etc

They're all dependant on functionality based on the vehicle

 

You just select the function you want, click OK

Then at the bottom of the screen select write all.

So you can go into APIM and do all the changes you want and then just click write all and it's done.

Just remember to save the standard configuration on your laptop (I title it "REG number/Module/Asbuilt) before you make any changes 

Just make sure you have a good quality lead, Chinese ELM327 clones can cause issues an OBDLink EX is not expensive and very reliable.

Just research, research before going for it.

If anything goes wrong and you brick the module (e.g. because it can't understand what you've asked it to do) just reload the abuilt settings and click write all and it will come back.

If you get "operation failed" half way through then your lead is no good.

Some items require programming in Asbuilt mode only, using codes

E.G. Auto High Beam had to be coded (sometimes multiple times) in the following modules

BCM, IPC (Cluster), ABS, Camera Module and Power Steering module.

It took months trying to get it to work and it was only after finding out that it needed to be programmed in the power steering module that I finally got it to work

I hope I've made sense and this will help anyone.

Do NOT attempt to update firmware on any modules if you have a cheap lead, please, you will brick the module or worse, the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

There are two ways of doing the changes:

Module Configuration

Module Configuration (Asbuilt)

When you enter the modules in Asbuilt mode you will just see a bunch of codes

Splash screen change for example will be 7D0-02-01 you change the relevant code within the box to change the function - sometimes you change a 0 to a 1

In normal module configuration mode there is a list of functions with a drop box next to it

Example BCMii - LH Fog Lamp usage - The drop down box will list:

No Fogs or None

Fog Lamp only

Fog and cornering lamp

Fog and cornering and DRL

Fog and High Beam (Bambi Mode)

Fog as DRL etc etc

They're all dependant on functionality based on the vehicle

 

You just select the function you want, click OK

Then at the bottom of the screen select write all.

So you can go into APIM and do all the changes you want and then just click write all and it's done.

Just remember to save the standard configuration on your laptop (I title it "REG number/Module/Asbuilt) before you make any changes 

Just make sure you have a good quality lead, Chinese ELM327 clones can cause issues an OBDLink EX is not expensive and very reliable.

Just research, research before going for it.

If anything goes wrong and you brick the module (e.g. because it can't understand what you've asked it to do) just reload the abuilt settings and click write all and it will come back.

If you get "operation failed" half way through then your lead is no good.

Some items require programming in Asbuilt mode only, using codes

E.G. Auto High Beam had to be coded (sometimes multiple times) in the following modules

BCM, IPC (Cluster), ABS, Camera Module and Power Steering module.

It took months trying to get it to work and it was only after finding out that it needed to be programmed in the power steering module that I finally got it to work

I hope I've made sense and this will help anyone.

Do NOT attempt to update firmware on any modules if you have a cheap lead, please, you will brick the module or worse, the car.

Thanks, I only want to add the climate control for now, other changes may come later on.

I purchased the tunnelrat device as it was one recommend on here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The1nonly1 said:

Thanks, I only want to add the climate control for now, other changes may come later on.

I purchased the tunnelrat device as it was one recommend on here. 

Just to add, APIM does not show up on Focus MK4 with some leads on Forscan, mine didn't show up until I bought the OBDLink EX.

If it doesn't show up, delete the profile, disconnect the battery for 10 mins and start again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 7:18 PM, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Rob,

Yeah, the heated windscreen is on the additional climate controls screen.

Looking at your profile shows you have a 2016 ST. Have you upgraded to Sync 3 yourself? If so the climate screen may not work correctly. I enabled it on my previous ST, a MY2016 and the dual zone controls on screen were reversed, driver button changed passenger side and vice versa.

Once travel is allowed I’d be happy to help.

Hey Colin..
Yeah upgraded to sync 3, the climate screen works the correct way for me, right hand controls driver side, left side controls passenger.. ..

That would be great mate,maybe a sunny daysummer  jaunt up to perthshire 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Marker1971 said:

Hey Colin..
Yeah upgraded to sync 3, the climate screen works the correct way for me, right hand controls driver side, left side controls passenger.. ..

That would be great mate,maybe a sunny daysummer  jaunt up to perthshire 🙂

Yeah, that would be braw. You’re more than welcome 👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, colinmcg71 said:

Yes, that can be disabled. The option is in the ACM. I quite like it though 😉

1318258732_2021-03-30(2).thumb.png.0a6e174af8c27eddc9abebe47ab2f557.png

Thank you for this topic. Also my whole family thanks for turning off the engine's artificial sound :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys. How can I shorten the time it takes to display information about the number of 
seat belts fastened and fuel reserve? Can I turn off this information completely?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ST-efan said:

Can I turn off this information completely?

The warning is now a legal requirement under European laws and therefore can't be disabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, unofix said:

The warning is now a legal requirement under European laws and therefore can't be disabled.

But fuel reserve?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2022 at 9:49 AM, ST-efan said:
Thank you for this topic. Also my whole family thanks for turning off the engine's artificial sound :)

 

Would this be the same sound I get on my 2020 ST-Line ecoblue diesel? Sounds like the exhaust is blowing at ower sppeds or under acceleration? (Ford gge says its not leaking)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RMurphy195 said:

Would this be the same sound I get on my 2020 ST-Line ecoblue diesel? Sounds like the exhaust is blowing at ower sppeds or under acceleration? (Ford gge says its not leaking)

It could be. Next time you have FORScan connected load up the ACM and see if you have entries for 'Engine Sound Enhancement' and/or 'Software Engine Sound Enhancement' and whether or not they're enabled. Mine had both and they're now disabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RMurphy195 said:

same sound I get on my 2020 ST-Line ecoblue diesel?

for driving in London you can make it sound like a Taxi 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, thinking of getting Forscan for Android but without the ability to write / program anything is there really any point? Can you really not adjust anything with the Android version (eg. Set the battery charge threshold to 90%)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, unofix said:

You can not programme with a WiFi device. 

That's what I thought - so all you can do with the Android version is view settings and diagnostic codes, and then clear diagnostic codes if they come up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership