Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driveaway locking

Stevep999

Hi all

has anybody managed to activate the DriveAway Locking on a MY20 Focus using Forscan ?

Regards

Steve

6 minutes ago, Stevep999 said:

Hi all

has anybody managed to activate the DriveAway Locking on a MY20 Focus using Forscan ?

Regards

Steve

I have.

There are two settings to change to enable this.

BdyCM - Auto Lock - Vehicle - Enable

IPC - Auto Lock - Enable

After these two are set the car will automatically lock at 12.5mph and you will have the option to turn the feature on and off from the Vehicle Settings menu in the instrument cluster.

• Like 2

I can confirm Colin is right. About two weeks ago I followed Colins instructions on my 2019 Mk4 and the auto locking is working fine

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I've now manged to enable in my Puma MY20. Couldn't get the IPC change activated as it failed at 36% but I believe that's just so you are able to switch on / off from dashboard

3 hours ago, Stevep999 said:

Thanks guys, I've now manged to enable in my Puma MY20. Couldn't get the IPC change activated as it failed at 36% but I believe that's just so you are able to switch on / off from dashboard

Glad you got it sorted. It’s more than likely that FORScan will need a vehicle database update to include more of the new Puma functions.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:29 PM, colinmcg71 said:

Glad you got it sorted. It’s more than likely that FORScan will need a vehicle database update to include more of the new Puma functions.

Sorted. I'd updated Forscan version and since read it's best to create new profile between versions. Anyway new profile has allowed me to update IPC. 

Thanks for replies

• Like 2

Q about auto lock.

I remember reading somewhere that the auto lock function automatically unlocks if it detects a collision.

Has anyone  experienced this after playing with the auto lock function?

Just curious as to why Ford don't offer this function out of the box with their vehicles.

Not legal in Europe ?

2 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Not legal in Europe ?

Not sure. My Peugeot Partner postie van came with autolocking enabled as standard.

Might be a requirement of Royal Mail though.

The offending regs are UNECE regulations R94 and R95, with full compliance by manufacturers being required by mid 2015.

Extract of an article from 2014

To comply with existing UNECE regulations, vehicles that feature the automatic door-lock feature must also include a mechanical release mechanism that unlocks all doors in the event of a serious accident. This device is not as simple as it sounds and the after-market solutions sold by your local accessories shops are not likely to measure up to the required standards.
The release mechanism is a very critical safety device and it is designed to only release the locks after exceeding a certain impact force threshold. It needs to be rigorously tested and certified that it will continue to work even when subjected to extremely strong impact forces.
Also, many modern cars are designed to disconnect the vehicle's battery in the event of a serious collision. For an impact sensing automatic door unlock feature to work, it would need to have a separate battery to continue powering the mechanical release.
This implies additional cost, far more than what your local accessory shop's uncertified solution will cost you.

Thus explains the deletion of automatic door lock features in many new cars on the market today. Premium brands usually offer the feature as standard.
Still, the feature is not a preserve of luxury cars. Kia for example, equips its Cerato with automatic door locks with an impact-sensing automatic unlocking feature.
Some manufacturers may go one step further and integrate the impact-sensing automatic door unlocking feature with other safety features. Volkswagen ICRS (Intelligent Crash Response System) for example, will unlock all doors, activate hazard lights and disable the fuel pump once the seatbelt pretensioners activate, or airbags are deployed. The feature is also available on the entry-level Polo Sedan and Polo hatchback.
In meantime, drivers will have to weigh the probabilities between getting trapped inside a car versus being carjacked.

I guess Ford couldn't be bothered to go to the extent of implementing and certifying the mechanical release system and so just disabled the auto-lock by default!.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club