colinmcg71

22 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Anyone had F10 from Ford web? 

or only available from cyan?

Yeah, only cyan for now.

All done.

Downloaded from CyanLabs.

Installed in under 1 hour.

Now SYNC 3, Software Version 3.4 Build 20351_Product Navigation Maps Version: F10

Everything seems to be working OK, including Logo's for the radio stations.

• Like 3

Hi YOG, well done with the F10 maps. I've not used CyanLabs before is it easy ?

I have already updated to SYNC 3, Software Version 3.4 Build 20351 from the Ford site, I just need the new F10 maps.

Do you have a link for them ?

25 minutes ago, unofix said:

I have already updated to SYNC 3, Software Version 3.4 Build 20351 from the Ford site, I just need the new F10 maps.

Cyanlabs method is very easy.

Their Syn3Updater app will download all the relevant packages, copy them on to your USB drive and create the install scripts for you.

To install F10 maps on Sync 3.4.19274 and above it uses the downgrade/reformat method. This temporarily puts you back on Sync 3.3 so the reformat tool will work.

Once completed you will be back on the latest Sync 3.4 and F10 maps. This takes just under an hour, (depending on the speed of your USB drive) half as long as the autoinstall method.

More info here:

https://cyanlabs.net

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, unofix said:

All set for upgrading the wife's Fiesta tomorrow.

App setup

1249551817_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.c88ccf0e62e9f33065d26159e4020f1e.png

SyncMyRide folder

1840039278_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.ddd52bb7fe13bf98c972b69d11e7028d.png

Autoinstall 3.3 to prepare for reformat

1879213232_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.f1e3d4bedcbae6e22635ab697f6337a4.png

Reformat.lst

1853156204_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.50c6ac1bb757f42591454b8179b8563a.png

I just downloading Sync v3.4.21020.

I see there's an option to use my current map, which is already F10, but I'm going to redownload it, just in case there has been any changes made!!

3 minutes ago, YOG said:

I just downloading Sync v3.4.21020.

I see there's an option to use my current map, which is already F10, but I'm going to redownload it, just in case there has been any changes made!!

If you just want to update to 3.4.21020 I would suggest you select ‘keep existing maps’. It will save you a lot of install time.

F10 maps are the most current version.

Updating the apps alone will only take 5-10 minutes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the useful info, do I need to keep engine running while I install  or just ignition on, and will it upgrade while I drive around.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thanks for the useful info, do I need to keep engine running while I install  or just ignition on, and will it upgrade while I drive around.

Thanks

Safer update to with the engine running either on driveway or driving around. Ignition alone may auto shutoff during the update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinmcg71 said:

Safer update to with the engine running either on driveway or driving around. Ignition alone may auto shutoff during the update.

Thanks Colin, will do.

I updated the official ford update today, so will install this using downgrade version tomorrow.

Will I never be able to load updates from official ford site anymore after doing this?

Thanks

Hi S,

If you uploaded your xml log file to Ford after doing the official update to 3.4.20351 then as far as Ford’s servers are concerned you are on Sync 3.4.20351 and F9 maps.

Atfer using cyanlabs to update to F10 maps (and 3.4.21020 if you choose to) don’t upload any new xml log file to Ford and make sure automatic updates is turned off in Sync settings. That way you’ll still be able to get any new official updates.

Cheers,

Col.

Just took my 2017 Mk3.5 from Sync 3.0/F9 all the way up to 3.4/F10 (went to latest 3.4.21020) with the CyanLabs tool. Fantastically easy, and worked without a hitch. Sync feels a bit more responsive now - no idea why Ford don't make it available to all if it has performance improvements like this! Looks great too compared to the old 3.0 interface.

I didn't need to flash APIM either to get the DAB logos which is a relief as the process looks a bit involved (and risky!).

• Like 2

Has anyone sent up the XML file to Ford on a car that shouldn't have higher than 3.0 on? Just wondering if I should bother using the tool to generate the XML and upload to Ford to stop it showing it needing a Sync update against the VIN now that I've been a bit naughty and flashed it from 3.0 to 3.4? Guess I'll just do all future updates via CyanLabs tool from now on...

36 minutes ago, karlbbb said:

Has anyone sent up the XML file to Ford on a car that shouldn't have higher than 3.0 on? Just wondering if I should bother using the tool to generate the XML and upload to Ford to stop it showing it needing a Sync update against the VIN now that I've been a bit naughty and flashed it from 3.0 to 3.4? Guess I'll just do all future updates via CyanLabs tool from now on...

I haven’t sent an xml file to Ford from any cyan update that I’ve done, only ever uploaded them from official updates. 

Updating from Sync 3.0 to 3.4 is a one way trip.

Sync 3.2 and above use a different partition layout to Sync 3.0 hence the reformat during install.

Any updates from now on will have to be via CyanLabs/unofficial which is no great hassle as the process is so quick and easy.

1 hour ago, colinmcg71 said:

I haven’t sent an xml file to Ford from any cyan update that I’ve done, only ever uploaded them from official updates. 

Updating from Sync 3.0 to 3.4 is a one way trip.

Sync 3.2 and above use a different partition layout to Sync 3.0 hence the reformat during install.

Any updates from now on will have to be via CyanLabs/unofficial which is no great hassle as the process is so quick and easy.

Yea thought not, I'll just ignore the Ford website from now on! 😆

• Like 1

I've already used the official path to update to Sync 3.4, can I still use CyanLabs to update my maps to F10 in one easy trip?

2 hours ago, kingfisher1967 said:

I've already used the official path to update to Sync 3.4, can I still use CyanLabs to update my maps to F10 in one easy trip?

Hi Andy,

Yes, you can still use Cyanlabs to update your maps to F10 if you like.

As you are already on Sync 3.4 the Cyanlabs app will automatically select the downgrade/reformat method. This will temporarily install Sync 3.3 so the reformat tool will work then install Sync 3.4 and F10 maps. During this process you will see a progress bar and information displaying which packages are currently being installed. 

The whole process should take between 50-70 minutes depending on the speed of your USB drive.

• Like 1

Am I alone in getting offered a 800MB sync update from the ford website and then some kind of map update? Is it possible it’s f10 maps? I’ll be downloading the sync update later today . Only just recently got F9 ! That was OTA  I have a usb stick for this one. The F9 OTA was because the ford website were telling me I was up to date at the time. Other way around this time.

Probably just some missing or updated files. Won't be F10 as apart from the fact it hasn't been released by Ford the download will be around 27 GB

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Am I alone in getting offered a 800MB sync update from the ford website and then some kind of map update? Is it possible it’s f10 maps? I’ll be downloading the sync update later today . Only just recently got F9 ! That was OTA  I have a usb stick for this one. The F9 OTA was because the ford website were telling me I was up to date at the time. Other way around this time.

Hi Alex,

The 800MB Sync update will install version 3.4.20351 which is the latest available from Ford.

The map update afterwards will most likely be the remaining F9 packages that you didn’t get via the OTA update.

• Thanks 1

Any noticeable changes with the sync update? 
About maps , a few months ago now , the car was trying to download something when connected to my wifi . It either got the files or gave up trying

27 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Any noticeable changes with the sync update? 
About maps , a few months ago now , the car was trying to download something when connected to my wifi . It either got the files or gave up trying

The layout of the screens has been improved. The audio screen looks much better now. The station logo/album art is on the right with a larger blurred version of logo/album art behind.

20F6141C-B7DE-4DF8-BC53-CAFD50DFBFF2.thumb.jpeg.245ed160edf994a93a4c8af510c2a55f.jpeg

7B8852E9-EAC0-4D9D-AF44-5376901C6675.thumb.jpeg.866a1ff354d78e065594ea1c98731f76.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

The layout of the screens has been improved.

It certainly has....😀

8E68EF07-7FE9-4D04-A1BA-E4BD5FDC94B6.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club