Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford pass app

Andyr55

I was able to see the location of my car via the app. This seems to be unavailable now. 

I have checked location services etc

any suggestions?

My location also disappeared yesterday... possible coincidence or maybe an app issue.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:26 PM, Andyr55 said:

I was able to see the location of my car via the app. This seems to be unavailable now. 

I have checked location services etc

any suggestions?

I have noticed the 'Unable to locate' problem in the last couple of days ... telephoned FordPass and spoke to a Guide, Sarah.  She confirmed they are aware of this problem which primarily affects Android users of the app.  This will be resolved with the release of a new version of the app (3.19.0) over the course of next week (commencing 5 April).

If your phone automatically updates, great.  If not, you should should keep an eye out for the updated version.

• Like 1

I've had this problem and decided to try the Ford Pass Pro app and that works for me, giving location, oil life and fuel level which had all disappeared from the normal Ford Pass app.

• Like 1

There was an update on iOS 

my app works fine 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Deano St said:

There was an update on iOS 

my app works fine 

Just updated here too via Google playstore and all back working as it should 👍

• Like 2

Noticed the same location problem after the recent update.

Hopefully the next one resolves it sharpish.

I started using the Ford Pass Pro app after @MarkRS9 recommendation. Vehicle Location showing up fine and as an unexpected bonus Guard Mode showed up for the first time today.

• Like 1

Hi Colin, I've been using the Pro app since last October. Another benifit is that as soon as you open the app it tells you the status of the cars locking, ie. Locked or UnLocked.

If you remember the standard Ford Pass used to do this but it became so unreliable that they simply took it off the app.

Back in October I had long on line chats with the Ford Apps people when I had big problems with stuff not working as it should. What was the big surprise is that it is two diffrent software development teams (in two diffrent countries i think) and they have almost nothing to do with each other !!

I got loads of help from the Ford Pass Pro guys and eventually got things working like the remote start. The standard Ford Pass team were still saying not their fault take the car to the Ford Dealer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Colin, I've been using the Pro app since last October. Another benifit is that as soon as you open the app it tells you the status of the cars locking, ie. Locked or UnLocked.

If you remember the standard Ford Pass used to do this but it became so unreliable that they simply took it off the app.

Back in October I had long on line chats with the Ford Apps people when I had big problems with stuff not working as it should. What was the big surprise is that it is two diffrent software development teams (in two diffrent countries i think) and they have almost nothing to do with each other !!

I got loads of help from the Ford Pass Pro guys and eventually got things working like the remote start. The standard Ford Pass team were still saying not their fault take the car to the Ford Dealer.

Hi @unofix

Very interesting information. The team working on the Pro version have definitely made the better job of it. I'll be sticking with this version for the foreseeable.

Another bonus is that it looks way better than the non pro version. 😎

• Thanks 1

Follow up-

Updated my app and location back on.

• Like 3

I have 2019 automatic focus with built in modem should I be able to get the guard mode feature as well 

Hi Dave, the quick answer is Yes. The guard mode is not that uesful, everytime you open the car, close the car, start the car, look at the car, breath on the car, it will send you an alert but often 5 or 6 minutes after the event and then it will send you 6 or 7 alerts all together.

It could be useful if you parked your car up at say an airport (in the days when we used to go on holiday) and were leaving it for a couple of weeks, but using it on a daily bases is in my opinion is just too much of a pain.

But as i said at the begining yes it is on the standard Ford Pass

Guard Mode.PNG

So it’s just a waiting game for it to added is it a over the air update or is it just added to the FordPass app

16 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

I have 2019 automatic focus with built in modem should I be able to get the guard mode feature as well 

I don't think it has been rolled out to all cars so far, either that or it may have something to do with what permissions you have given the App because it has not appeared for my 2019 car yet even though I'm on the latest version of the App. I do get other notifications.

I'm glad I don't have it after reading some of the posts about how annoying it as as per unofix's post above.

It is just on your phone app, nothing is on the car.

If it is not on your Ford Pass App, then do an uninstall - restart your phone and do a reinstall and the Guard Mode will in most cases appear on the app.

Just wait for it to be added then thanks for the quick reply 

Even without it you should get a notification if the Alarm is triggered. If you unlock the car with the Key Blade it should trigger the Alarm and you should get an alert on your phone.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club