Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Light Reset

jaythebass

Hi folks

I've just had an oil change done on my 2014 Focus Titanium Navigator however the oil light is still on leading me to believe that they didn't reset it. 

I've had a look online and seen the method of clearing it by turning on the ignition and simultaneously pressing the accelerator and brake pedals until the oil Reset In Progress message comes on and I have tried it numerous times over the last half an hour but my car didn't want to do it. I tried all sorts of permutations but I can't get it to reset or see the reset message. 

Can anyone help?? 

When you say oil light , you mean the message or the actual oil ight. As the oil light is only on when either no or very low oil pressure. 

Can you upload a photo of the light on? 

It's the red oil light on the dash that is on. I asked the guys in the garage about it and they said that when it comes on and the level is OK it means that the oil needs changing but they didn't reset the light afterwards and I've tried doing it myself but nothing works

This oil light? If so you got a problem. 

Screenshot_20210401-175748.png

• Like 2

And in most cases it will be an expensive problem.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club