Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof rack/bars - what type to get - help!

Mhairi

I have a 2016 focus titanium and looking to get roof rack/bars for my kayak. I have checked and on the under lip of each door there is what appears to be a screwhole.

I have been looking at various clamp in door type roof racks and prices seem similar (for a decent set), but having seen these hole, this has thrown me.

Any ideas? pointers?

thanks

M

I have always used thule roof bars, expensive but excellent quality, check the thule website for the options. Ford branded roof bars are made by Thule 

Thanks Granville. Do the clamps screw onto the hole that is on the underlip of the door?

Sorry I don’t know I have always had Fords with built in roof rails, guess there are fitting instructions online which would tell you they fit 

They're not screw holes, they're guide holes for the foot fittings as they have a nipple (for want of a better word) that fits in the hole. 

I'll reiterate what others have said, thule bars are excellent. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club