Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone fitted a towbar on a Mk 3 ST Line Estate?

Havers

I'm hoping someone can help. After many chats with towbar garages and online searching I've established that a towbar can be fitted on my 2016 estate (it can't on the full ST) but nobody can tell me how it fits with the back bumper. It's a really deep plastic trim that has only a couple of inches clearance for our steepish driveway, and I need to figure out if it would sit below it, or if they would cut into it for the towbar to come through. Hoping maybe someone has done this and can send me a photo?

Pic of the bumper attached so you can see the model.

Thanks

Image back of car.jpg

I don't think it can be fitted. The well known p.f Jones don't list a towbar for your car. In theory there's nothing stopping you fitting a standard one but wouldn't be pretty with a big chunk taken out bumper .

Or you could remove/ unclip the lower part off . 

As far as I know Witter Towbars and Bosstow Towbars both produce towbars that fits perfectly for the ST-Line. The Witter towbar requires a minor cutout in the diffuser and the Bosstow towbar does not require a cutout at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great thanks for input. There is a Witter one that fits with it, the question mark is whether it's going to hit the deck every time we come out of the drive. If a cutout is required we might get away with it. It would still be good to see a picture if anyone has done it.

Thanks

Below a picture of the Bosstow towbar for the ST-Line:

focus-bumper-st-line.jpg

This is known to be the only towbar that does not require a cutout. The disadvantage is that this towbar is very low above the ground.

I suggest to read the following topic (including several links and pictures) at the Dutch focusclub:

Trekhaak S-Line bumper | Focusclub.nl

Much appreciated JW1982, that link is really helpful.

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, JW1982 said:

Below a picture of the Bosstow towbar for the ST-Line:

focus-bumper-st-line.jpg

This is known to be the only towbar that does not require a cutout. The disadvantage is that this towbar is very low above the ground.

I suggest to read the following topic (including several links and pictures) at the Dutch focusclub:

Trekhaak S-Line bumper | Focusclub.nl

Maybe if anyone knows what serial number has the towball that Bosstow use...is it maybe the acs6008???

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club