Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Cameras

聽Share

Hi,

What with me not being able to use my 2019 Vignale Fiesta much since buying it back in September, my knowledge of sync 3 is still developing.

I am convinced the navigation used to show speed cameras and give an audible alert.

I have the very latest maps and sync 3 version installed, and rather suspect something may have possible been disabled.

I did however see there was an alerts option, but it only shows a red icon, was sure it used to show something to make it clear it was a speed camera.

Did I dream it, dont know 馃檪 searched everywhere in sync 3 but to no avail.

Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

My up to date system still says Caution when approaching fixed speed cameras. There may be something that you need to enable again in the settings.

4 hours ago, Tizer said:

My up to date system still says Caution when approaching fixed speed cameras. There may be something that you need to enable again in the settings.

Thanks mate, will take a look

7 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Hi,

What with me not being able to use my 2019 Vignale Fiesta much since buying it back in September, my knowledge of sync 3 is still developing.

I am convinced the navigation used to show speed cameras and give an audible alert.

I have the very latest maps and sync 3 version installed, and rather suspect something may have possible been disabled.

I did however see there was an alerts option, but it only shows a red icon, was sure it used to show something to make it clear it was a speed camera.

Did I dream it, dont know 馃檪 searched everywhere in sync 3 but to no avail.

Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

The nearest thing to speed cameras on my nav is called "Hazard Spot Warnings". Try Settings - Navigation Settings - Navigation Preferences - Hazard Spot Warnings. There you can select to show icons on the map, audible alerts, or both. Seems to pick up most of the fixed cameras around where I am, but not sure where it gets the info or how often it's updated. If I'm really wanting reliable warnings I use the free tomtom app AmiGO on my phone. Worked聽flawlessly up to now.

13 minutes ago, Waggy said:

"Hazard Spot Warnings". Try Settings - Navigation Settings - Navigation Preferences - Hazard Spot Warnings.

Its a subscription thing which is free for so long and then expires. My 2019 Focus Hazard Warnings ended last month. It costs 拢3.49 per month, use the Ford Pass app to set it up. To be honest I didn't think it was good value so I didn't bother.

Valid for 2 years from registration then renew through pass app.

I find you need to have audible alert on for speed cameras otherwise you wont hear anything. System is hidden because its illegal in聽much of Europe to have speed camera warnings聽eg France and I also think Germany.

Hazard warnings are nothing to do with Ford Pass traffic alerts, they can be enabled by going to navigation settings in Sync 3. My subscription has expired and I鈥檓 still getting speed camera alerts.

• Like 1

thats interesting, thanks for that. Mine have been missing for a few weeks and I just put it down to the subscription expiring. I will have to re-look at the situation and see why mine have gone

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

thats interesting, thanks for that. Mine have been missing for a few weeks and I just put it down to the subscription expiring. I will have to re-look at the situation and see why mine have gone

If you鈥檝e done a master reset or for that matter a reset, they turn off and need re-enabling.

• Like 1

I updated my Sync3 about 3 or so weeks back, and as it happens today I installed the new 2021, F10 Maps. I will check the settings tomorrow, thanks

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Its a subscription thing which is free for so long and then expires. My 2019 Focus Hazard Warnings ended last month. It costs 拢3.49 per month, use the Ford Pass app to set it up. To be honest I didn't think it was good value so I didn't bother.

Thanks mate, yes mine expires in September聽 and like you I don't see 拢3.49 or a box of 4 magnum ice creams per month worth investing in 馃檪

thanks

1 hour ago, Jollyandy said:

If you鈥檝e done a master reset or for that matter a reset, they turn off and need re-enabling.

Ahhh right, yes I remember now I did a reset a month or so ago, I dunno this damn pandemic has haggled my brain, I used to be really good at this sort of thing, coming from a tech background聽 Thanks Andy馃檪

Also noticed today I got a diversion route on my maps a yellow line on the map! Never had this before updating to f10

• Like 1

19 hours ago, unofix said:

I updated my Sync3 about 3 or so weeks back, and as it happens today I installed the new 2021, F10 Maps. I will check the settings tomorrow, thanks

F10 maps? Mine only updated to f9, just done a software scan and it said no updates mate 馃檪

Only from Cyanlabs. There's another thread all about it

It's probably a debatable point as although maintaining the Sync3 software is Fords responsibility they are quite clear that updating the Maps software is the customers responsibility.

• Like 1

Can confirm F10 maps installed and working. A much easier process from CyanLabs than from Ford. Only the normal problem after the install that not all the DAB radio station logos are there, but at least 50% or more work which is better than the 0% I got with the F9 updates from Ford.