Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What The Devil Is It?

mikester

found this under the spare wheel, what is it?

whatisthis5.jpg

whatisthis4.jpg

whatisthis3.jpg

on a side note, has everyone got this spare wheel holder? it seems retarded as it don't fit the hole subsequently not holding the wheel in place.

whatisthis2.jpg

whatisthis1.jpg

found this under the spare wheel, what is it?

thats a funnel if you tanked gas for instance from a canister. In unlock the ford's easy-fuel tank cap or how they call it...

Isn't that the refuelling funnel in case you run out of petrol?

what you have too do to get the spare wheel tightened back in is put the wheel in as normal as you should see a few holes in the metal bit underneath and just line up the screw... it aint easy but it aint 'retarded' as you said

It's somthing to fill the gap should you be sodomised whist standing at the side of the road waiting for some petrol......just a thought.

It's somthing to fill the gap should you be sodomised whist standing at the side of the road waiting for some petrol......just a thought.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

also doubles up as a nice exhaust tip....

you done it?? pics and guide??? ;)

what you have too do to get the spare wheel tightened back in is put the wheel in as normal as you should see a few holes in the metal bit underneath and just line up the screw... it aint easy but it aint 'retarded' as you said

what? are you trying to be funny or you just generally being dumb?!

if you read what i typed, i actually asked if everyone had the same sized spare wheel holder or is mine different, as this holder DOES NOT fit into the centre hole of the wheel thus allowing for slight movement. the ST and the GT both had appropriately sized holders to make sure the wheel won't budge a mm. if you looked at the picture you'd notice that the holder was actually screwed up.

thanks for the other useful comments guys. :)

if you read what i typed, i actually asked if everyone had the same sized spare wheel holder or is mine different, as this holder DOES NOT fit into the centre hole of the wheel thus allowing for slight movement. the ST and the GT both had appropriately sized holders to make sure the wheel won't budge a mm. if you looked at the picture you'd notice that the holder was actually screwed up.

Overreaction of the century.

no i not trying to be funny or i aint just dumb either mate... pipe down mate and think alot more before you think of calling someone dumb...

i simply answered this.... on a side note, has everyone got this spare wheel holder? it seems retarded as it don't fit the hole subsequently not holding the wheel in place.

which personally i feel my comment does answer, but if i remember rightly you took the whole back end of car apart to change reg plate bulbs? i never went calling that dumb

Now now, lets not turn a perfectly sensible thread into a slagging match.

If I remember correctly, the "cap" in the Mk6 sits very similarly to that although it has a small grove that fits the wheel to stop if moving. I thought it was designed to sit higher up like that to keep the cardboard floor thing down tight also to keep this level with the top of the spare wheel well it would have to be slightly higher.

it appears to me that you have the wrong spare wheel anyways, as it has the 80 sticker on it, what size is the tyre, and is it a space saver? it should be a 175/76r14 iirc

you use the funnel in europe due to thier diesal pumps having a larger diameter than ours

no i not trying to be funny or i aint just dumb either mate... pipe down mate and think alot more before you think of calling someone dumb...

i simply answered this.... on a side note, has everyone got this spare wheel holder? it seems retarded as it don't fit the hole subsequently not holding the wheel in place.

which personally i feel my comment does answer, but if i remember rightly you took the whole back end of car apart to change reg plate bulbs? i never went calling that dumb

seeing as you're quoting older posts, why not qoute them in their entirety.. as you will also notice from that post that i included something along the lines of:

"i have the mk6.5 fiesta manual, so have no idea how the light housings come out."

a pretty logical first port of call i'd say when looking at changing bulbs.

no-one replied for a while and by the time they did i'd already figured it out. so you were right in not calling that dumb, good call there ;)

manufacturing a holder which doesn't 'hold' anything firnly in place could easily be deemed as retarded.

i don't need to think about anything before i post, it's the interwebzzzz!!!

Now now, lets not turn a perfectly sensible thread into a slagging match.

If I remember correctly, the "cap" in the Mk6 sits very similarly to that although it has a small grove that fits the wheel to stop if moving. I thought it was designed to sit higher up like that to keep the cardboard floor thing down tight also to keep this level with the top of the spare wheel well it would have to be slightly higher.

i thought this gaz, although i've never had a space saver, always had full size spare alloy wheels which the holder went straight into the centre of and was still at the position like you say to meet the cardboard floor.

maybe it is meant to be like it though, but all i'm hearing is squeeking as the wheel touches the sides and i've tightened it up (before anyone jumps on that), but not too much as to cause damage. without the wheel in its fine, can't really drive round without it though.

it appears to me that you have the wrong spare wheel anyways, as it has the 80 sticker on it, what size is the tyre, and is it a space saver? it should be a 175/76r14 iirc

really, thanks for that buddy. its 175/65/r14 so maybe is the wrong one?

really, thanks for that buddy. its 175/65/r14 so maybe is the wrong one?

oops my bad, had a bit of a typo there, was posting as i was going out the door...lol

you do appear to have the correct size spare. if you can provide me with the part number off of the plastic cup part then i will check if it is the correct one for the wheel. it will be along the lines of 8S6Q-15K095-AB.

looks absolutly awesome :P i bet everyone will have them soon. :lol:

on a brighter note, at least you wont have to clean the carbon deposits off it, being black and all

oops my bad, had a bit of a typo there, was posting as i was going out the door...lol

you do appear to have the correct size spare. if you can provide me with the part number off of the plastic cup part then i will check if it is the correct one for the wheel. it will be along the lines of 8S6Q-15K095-AB.

awesome, gonna check now.

I has awesome pipe ftw!!!

DSC_0087.jpg

LOL!!!!

you use the funnel in europe due to thier diesal pumps having a larger diameter than ours

The funnel is to allow you to fill your tank from a petrol/diesel can. Because of the mechanism that prevents you putting the wrong fuel nozzle. It's basically a correctly sized nozzle to open the flappy thing.

The funnel is to allow you to fill your tank from a petrol/diesel can. Because of the mechanism that prevents you putting the wrong fuel nozzle. It's basically a correctly sized nozzle to open the flappy thing.

nice one.

so whats to stop pikeys nicking your fuel if they have one of these too? or does the entry to the tank stay locked unless the doors are unlocked?

The plastic funnel is so you can fill the tank from a fuel can through the easy fuel filler neck

so whats to stop pikeys nicking your fuel if they have one of these too? or does the entry to the tank stay locked unless the doors are unlocked?

It doesn't lock at all and I suppose there would be nothing to stop them... Saying that I don't think they go giving the pipes out left, right and centre, for just that reason. When I picked my car up the dealer told me to look after it as a replacement from them was £50! I suppose anyone with a mk7 would be able to, but you'd have to hope having a new car they wouldn't really have the need to steal bits of petrol. In ten years time that will be a different story, especially thinking how much fuel will probably cost then!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club