Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hill Start Assist Warning and Forward Collision Warning

nige1165

Hi There any advice welcome,

Bought a Ford Focus St line edition in Diesel Yesterday 03/04/21 

First Registered end March 2020 has 5000 miles on it thought great drives well only done 72miles in it 

Today it send a warning up to say Hill start Assist is deactivated 

Followed by  Forward Collision Warning is deactivated also ive checked the grille and the sensor is clean but still no luck 

Any Suggestions please 

Do i take it back to the Place i got if from Yesterday not a ford Garage 

or if i take t to my local ford garage? would they charge me as the car has the remainder of its warranty to run  

Thanks in anticipation 

Nige

I'd take it to a ford garage as it has manufacturers warranty on it. 

Hopefully just needs an ABS module update as it has caused a few issues since the new focus was released. 

Thank you for your advice Hopefully it wont be chargeable 

• 11 months later...

I know this thread was posted last year but did you get to the bottom of this issue? the car is going back to the dealers this week for them to look at, I get these errors after about 10 - 15 minutes of driving, car was in for a service at a different garage 2 weeks ago and these errors started to appear the following day.

on top of the hill start assist and the collision avoidance system not being available I get the little yellow spanner appearing on my instrument cluster and have had warnings saying I have a powertrain malfunction and the cars power output is lowered, have even noticed that when these kick in the audible noise inside the car for the indicators doesn't work, the lights themselves are fine but the sound is gone.

The State Of Charge (SOC) is low. The battery level is reaching critical and the car is taking action to reduce auxiliary functions.

Connect a smart battery charger to the car battery. Make sure to connect the negative lead to the main chassis earth point (not the battery terminal).

Charge the battery for at least 8 hours, could be nearer 12 hours.

18 minutes ago, BigBrisy said:

car was in for a service at a different garage 2 weeks ago and these errors started to appear the following day.

quite normal for this to happen if the garage did not have a battery support unit connected while the vehicle was serviced.

If you have keyless entry on all 4 doors you will probably find that it will soon stop working on all doors except the drivers. It also goes without saying that you will have noticed that 'Stop/Start' is also not working.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigBrisy said:

I know this thread was posted last year but did you get to the bottom of this issue? the car is going back to the dealers this week for them to look at, I get these errors after about 10 - 15 minutes of driving, car was in for a service at a different garage 2 weeks ago and these errors started to appear the following day.

on top of the hill start assist and the collision avoidance system not being available I get the little yellow spanner appearing on my instrument cluster and have had warnings saying I have a powertrain malfunction and the cars power output is lowered, have even noticed that when these kick in the audible noise inside the car for the indicators doesn't work, the lights themselves are fine but the sound is gone.

Is your 2019 Focus a diesel or petrol (Doesn't say in your profile).

If it's a diesel ( unsure if it's just the 1.5 only )then it should of been on for an update of the Power Train Module at your local Ford dealer.

hi there 

no still not sorted the original issue 

today its been back to the garage as needed a service and an update apparently only to find the car wont accept the update so need to go back in two weeks time to try again they say hill start is now fixed time will tell but still no lane keeping aid and also no start stop auto function 

hope you managed to get your sorted 

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car in the garage all day yesterday, after I originally booked it in for diagnostics I got a further email to say there was an update due on the powertrain module, 21E10.

Don't think this cured the problem though as they are ordering a new front grill which houses the radar and brake switch as they reckon its one thing or another.

What I have noticed with my faults are that they happen after you pull away from bring the car to a complete halt like at traffic lights or a junction, extremely annoying, just hope one of these new parts resolve it 

On 3/14/2022 at 10:54 PM, unofix said:

The State Of Charge (SOC) is low. The battery level is reaching critical and the car is taking action to reduce auxiliary functions.

Connect a smart battery charger to the car battery. Make sure to connect the negative lead to the main chassis earth point (not the battery terminal).

Charge the battery for at least 8 hours, could be nearer 12 hours.

quite normal for this to happen if the garage did not have a battery support unit connected while the vehicle was serviced.

If you have keyless entry on all 4 doors you will probably find that it will soon stop working on all doors except the drivers. It also goes without saying that you will have noticed that 'Stop/Start' is also not working.

Don't have stop start turned on to be honest, something I never use as I just sit at lights with the clutch pedal pressed while in gear and foot on the brake.

What I did try though was turning the Auto Hold on and sure enough that also came up as unavailable when the other errors kicked kicked in, so far the keyless entry seems to be working fine on all doors though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club