Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cyanlabs Syn3 maps version 9 to 10

Hi,

Been reading as much info as possible on this forum for cyanlaps syn3 installer.

I have just done the official ford upgrade to 3.4 which still keeps the maps on version 9.

So just downloaded the syn3 app and have the downgrade version installed on my USB, which has version 3.4 and maps version 10

Question is, I will obviously need to have engine running on the driveway for an hour or so which I hate

Or could I go for a drive while it installs the syn3 stuff.

Is it one of those which will allow you to go on short journies  then recommence installation where it left off, or does it need to have engine running continuously?

Thanks again guys 🙂

2 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Hi,

Been reading as much info as possible on this forum for cyanlaps syn3 installer.

I have just done the official ford upgrade to 3.4 which still keeps the maps on version 9.

So just downloaded the syn3 app and have the downgrade version installed on my USB, which has version 3.4 and maps version 10

Question is, I will obviously need to have engine running on the driveway for an hour or so which I hate

Or could I go for a drive while it installs the syn3 stuff.

Is it one of those which will allow you to go on short journies  then recommence installation where it left off, or does it need to have engine running continuously?

Thanks again guys 🙂

You’ll need a journey of about 1hr and 20 minutes if you’re looking at doing it while driving. I did mine while swapping the tyres around this morning, downgrade and install took about 1hr and 20 mins!

Don’t forget to do a master reset after the install, and also remember to enable Hazard Spot Warnings in Settings, so you get speed camera warnings.

• Like 1

Cheers Andy 🙂

I downloaded choosing latest sync 3 version 4 which I did officially  today.

I chose the reformat option so it will downgrade me, then upgrade me again

I believe the files on usb should be in a sync my drive folder with a series of zip files etc

just left it as what was downloaded

Does that all sound ok?

12 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Cheers Andy 🙂

I believe the files on usb should be in a sync my drive folder with a series of zip files etc

Does that all sound ok?

just follow the cyanlabs updater, make sure the settings are correct( autodetect) input your spec/version ...input what version you want , maps etc and the updater will do the rest...

14 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Cheers Andy 🙂

Does that all sound ok?

Sorry, only just seen your reply, yes, that’s correct, as the reply below also says. Just need a bit of patience. You’ll enjoy a more responsive system afterwards too! 

Did it this morning having downloaded to USB last night. Sync 3.4 21020 and F10 maps an hour and five minutes.

I'm usually not an indecisive person, but have been ummming and ahhring all day about upgrading via Cyanlabs, I can see everyone here has had major 100% success, but I'm a bit concerned that I would never be able to use the official Ford upgrade service in future, and not sure what would happen to my Ford warranty, or if I was to sell the car would a prospective buyer be put off by having to use Cyan Syn installer.

I see a few on the Cyan forum have had some problems, and they mention using Forscan  (Phew glad the spellchecker got that right) 🙂as a way to rectify any problems, which for me would mean another learning curve.  Some have said their climate control and other functions stopped working.

The update of map software was the main reason I was considering, but if  Ford don't keep us waiting much longer then I will have v10 anyhow, soon I hope.

Or do Ford start charging for Sync3 and map updates when 2 year warranty has ended?

No, not exactly. Other parts of the world have climate control data upon the screen and some of the Cyanlabs software updates showed it on Sync3, reversed as it isn't available on RHD cars at all. Some of the more up to date updates have removed this. Mine still shows the set temperature as displayed on the heater control and still puts any changes up on the screen if I adjust temperature or fan. How I ever survived without having this confirmed on the screen, I have no idea!

Cyanlabs know what they are doing. I have updated three times. The first time it didn't work and their help was both comprehensive and knowledgeable - more so than an average Ford dealer, it would seem.  As map updates are the customer's responsibility, you are free to choose. Ford are often far behind with the map update rollout; in the case of my car, three years hence the decision to use Cyanlabs but if you are happy to wait, the ford website does supply map updates for free for you to put on a stick and they can also be downloaded straight to the car's API module but that is a tedious and long drawn out process, best avoided.

When selecting the options for cyan labs in the language section do you select English (US) or leave blank ?, it does'nt seem to have just English.

Many thanks

8 hours ago, NortonSS said:

When selecting the options for cyan labs in the language section do you select English (US) or leave blank ?, it does'nt seem to have just English.

Many thanks

Not sure what you mean, the only selection is for region, and that needs to be Europe both for Sync and the map update.

6 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

Not sure what you mean, the only selection is for region, and that needs to be Europe both for Sync and the map update.

Just had a delve in the settings menu, and noticed the language tab, my apologies for my earlier reply. On my Cyanlabs app, the language box was empty and this worked ok for me, so I’d suggest just leaving it empty.

9 hours ago, NortonSS said:

Many thanks

Yes be careful with the language you choose, if you aren't careful and choose Turkish, the Satnav will keep directing you to  Abduls carpet shop 🙂 🙂

Je prefere francais: ca me route aux des restaurants bons

Just now, anon said:

Je prefere francais: ca me route aux des restaurants bons

😂😂😂

If you select the US English option it just means the 'Color of your Tires' could be diffrent and you will have to rebond your 'Cell Phone'. Have a nice day 😉

Thanks for the answers , I will leave it blank then. Just  a second question is it as easy as what it sounds ?, my car is a 2019 mk4 Focus.

Many Thanks

Only if you read, understand and follow the instructions. Then it is easy.

Big enough stick. Format exfat.

Get current settings from car written down.

Download syn uppdater 2.

Enter your current  settings.

Choose the new ones.

The full data download takes a long time, several hours.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club