Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luggage compartment light

dbsmith

Can anyone tell me where the switch is located for the luggage compartment light in a Ford Focus 2011 MK2 hatchback. The lamp is okay, so it must be the switch, but I have no idea where it is located.

The switch is integrated into the lock mechanism.

Inside the lock mechanism there is a microswitch that is operated by the lock mechanism. It is a well known problem that during time the grease inside the lock hardens. The hardened grease prevents the microswitch from switching. If this is the case the problem can easily be solved by disassembling the lock mechanism, Removing the old/hardened grease and regreasing the lock mechanism using a thin, non hardening and temperature resistant grease.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. All I have to do now is figure out how to remove the lock!

On this model, does the switch feed an overly complicated electronic box, that will turn off the boot light after about an hour ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club