Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Configurator - won't allow configuration of an ST

Eric Bloodaxe
聽Share

As聽 topic. Been on the Ford configurator the last couple of days and found it won't let me configure a Fiesta ST. All other versions seem ok.

Anyone else had a problem? Is this something sinister or just another Ford IT issue?馃榾

Just tried an ST 155PS, 5 door, magnetic and all extras no problem.

Just now, jsk said:

Just tried an ST 155PS, 5 door, magnetic and all extras no problem.

That's not an ST. That'll be an ST-Line.

The Fiesta ST has 200 PS.

• Like 1

No idea, but did you see the Top Gear review of the GR Yaris on Sunday?聽 You have to buy one of those now... :biggrin:

I can configure an st2 and st3 currently, I often see the configuration go down for certain models though so likely just Ford site having temporary issue?

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No idea, but did you see the Top Gear review of the GR Yaris on Sunday?聽 You have to buy one of those now... :biggrin:

Missed the TG one, but yes, I've been looking at the reviews with great interest! Just can't see it working as a practical car for me (boot is tiny), whereas a Fiesta ST, for example, would. Shame they can't do a 5 door Yaris with the same engine with a bit less power and FWD to free up some boot space. That would be an interesting alternative to a Fiesta ST or Hyundai i20n.

2 hours ago, Nismex said:

I can configure an st2 and st3 currently, I often see the configuration go down for certain models though so likely just Ford site having temporary issue?

Just tried again and still no joy. If I press to configure any other Fiesta model, the configurator starts, press ST - nothing. Oddly I configured a Puma ST ok - maybe Ford are trying to push us into those instead?馃榾

• Like 1

Configurator works for me...聽 Maybe try clearing cookies in case it's your device getting stuck!

Screenshot_20210406-145107.thumb.png.f56365d6faee91e50f5133852422491b.png

• Like 1

Could be down to device - the configurator has rarely worked聽on my iPhone and iPad since mid 2020, both devices are still supported by Apple with updates. On my PC it's still working fine.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips guys. It won't work on the tablet I was using (amazon Fire) which is regularly de-cookied. Every other single model except the Fiesta ST can be configured on that, though, which is weird.

Just done it on an ancient Tesco Hudl with no problem! Haven't tried the rest of our devices - quitting while ahead!馃榾

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

quitting while ahead!馃榾

Notwithstanding previous comment - had another go and worked out what was happening. Tried putting my tablet into portrait mode, got ST up no problem. I realised that in portrait mode the model selection was by drop-down menu, which worked fine. Back in landscape, the different model selections are horizontally across the screen and you need to click the one you want - which as I said, worked for all except ST. However, if you click on any model and hold your finger on it, you can slide the whole lot left a few millimetres, at which point the ST label also becomes active.

So still unsure if it's a quirk of my tablet or the Ford site, but it's odd that it only happened on the Fiesta page, though - no problem configuring Puma or Focus STs.

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club