Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST line X B&O speaker rattle/vibration

Ms Bee

Hi all. I'm into my second week of owning my Puma. (Pre-registered 20 plate from Ford Direct).  Loving it, BUT I'm frustrated about a rattle I'm getting from my passenger door or speaker when certain deep/low bass frequencies are played through the system. (I have nothing in the door storage area). Even when I turn everything on the equalizer down to minimum, it still rattles/vibrates. The only way I can stop it is by having the fade mainly coming from the back, but that loses some of the richness. It's not just a bass thing, as I've blasted some heavy bangers through it and it sounds amazing, it's only on certain really deep tones and it's driving me nuts!!!!!

Anyone else had this problem? Is it something I can get sorted under warranty? It's happened since day one. 

Could be something inside door vibrating there were a number of issues on the Focus4 with some of the door modules causing noise because of poor fixings.Take it back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. I would hope even though it's not brand new and still has two years on the warranty; it's something that should be covered if I take it to any Ford dealership.

Hi, I had the same problem on the passenger side door. Car went back twice before being fixed under warranty.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I see on Fords internal website that a few employees were complaining of this across a few models with "Premium Audio".

I currently have a Kuga with B&O (Just ordered a Puma ST hence my reply) which has a rattle from the passenger door and also the drivers door.

Apparently it's due to misalignment of the door trim itself, however I'm very sceptical of this (Ex Ford tech)

If you find out how to remove the door handle trim (needs special tools apparently) I'd suggest removing the trim yourself & insulating it with foam or something (assuming the vibration goes with trim removed)

Apologies I couldn't be more specific.

Do you know what date it was registered? if it's less than 12 months then squeaks and rattles are covered under warranty.

I used to hate squeaks and rattles as a tech, now I'm accustomed to tune in to so many in my own car...

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:37 PM, Kevmondo said:

Hi,

I see on Fords internal website that a few employees were complaining of this across a few models with "Premium Audio".

I currently have a Kuga with B&O (Just ordered a Puma ST hence my reply) which has a rattle from the passenger door and also the drivers door.

Apparently it's due to misalignment of the door trim itself, however I'm very sceptical of this (Ex Ford tech)

If you find out how to remove the door handle trim (needs special tools apparently) I'd suggest removing the trim yourself & insulating it with foam or something (assuming the vibration goes with trim removed)

Apologies I couldn't be more specific.

Do you know what date it was registered? if it's less than 12 months then squeaks and rattles are covered under warranty.

I used to hate squeaks and rattles as a tech, now I'm accustomed to tune in to so many in my own car...

Thanks for your reply. That's interesting. I got this sorted last week at a Ford dealership; under warranty. (It was first registered March 2020.) It was the lower door trim and reflector that was vibrating, as there was a very slight gap between the trim and the door panel. They put some insulating tape behind it and that seems to have done the trick. But now that side is sorted, I can hear an occasional slight vibration on the drivers side; so will have to go back. Other than that, I am loving the sound and of course, The Puma as a whole. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed the same issue, however it appears to be coming from door reflector. When holding it it stops the rattle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going back again as the original rattle has come back plus more prominent from the drivers door now too. I think this time they will strip the doors down and (hopefully) insulate. My warranty for this kind of thing is about to expire - so they better sort it!

On 8/3/2021 at 2:11 PM, FreqFace said:

I noticed the same issue, however it appears to be coming from door reflector. When holding it it stops the rattle. 

Same with mine. The garage taped it down at the back, but it has come loose again.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:45 PM, Dave1806 said:

I have same problem on 21 plate Puma

Now that's surprising. Hope you got it sorted.

• 9 months later...

Yep, I’ve got the exact same issue on 21 reg St line X. Extremely annoying 😤 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Hi did anyone get the door vibrations sorted/fixed in the end if so what was it

I have it and guess will have to get it sorted,  but concerned it might be worse if not sorted when I get it back

Mine is on the deep sub bass sound passenger door 

Seems to be door arm rest area if I touch it or lean on it tge vibe seems to go 

Maybe I've got too much bass on but not all songs do it and bass is only half way up mids are down treble one click down on default 

I use Stereo mode

dropped car off earlier

Guy on the desk came out and confirmed the vibrations in both doors

He tried to say that he thought Speakers couldn’t handle the bass, I pointed out it was the B&O system with sub and if it we’re the Speakers why does it stop when you open the windows and push the arm rests and door cards and I also turned off the bass completely and still did it

He agreed though he said he wasn’t technical but confirmed the vibration 

So fingers crossed if not then try another dealers

had Ford Securi alert say door opened so must be looking at it.

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I’ve fine tuned a temporary fix now got it spot on for stopping the vibrations dead :-). 

Tucked one of those promo type cards though guess any slip of card will do,where the door card meets the metal part of the door instant cure, also a tiny piece further below but not sure it’s needed,maybe anyone else can try if you have this issue to see if it also stops it.

I’m now quietly confident on next week's ford dealer sorting it, fingers crossed 

480A5F72-4B33-4B3F-8F30-A6CCE6701D4F.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok so back in dealership tomorrow, hope they fix it permanently as I’ve narrowed it down with the card solution 

I’m wondering if there’s a cable that runs behind and the thickness of the card just enough to clear it, as the location of the card makes the difference any lower doesn’t work.

All fixed they packed the doors with foam etc 😀👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club