Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 1.6 TDCI Temperature gauge fluctuates

jackw1254

Hi All,

I've had my focus for eight months now, and since January, the temperature gauge fluctuates whilst driving.

I've changed the following already:

coolant, thermostat, temp sensor already, water pump, cambelt + tensioners, and battery as that was on the way out.

Strangely on a long run of about 75 miles run it will hold and only dip when going up hills, then straight back up to the middle?

Every other journey it bounces around between medium and 1/4 warm.

I have checked for DTC codes, and none are visible, and the battery voltage on the Ford 'secret' dash menu shows around 12v.

Is there anything else I should look for / be worried about?

Car is on 76k with FSH.

Thanks for any advice.

anyone have any ideas? would really appreciate any feedback

I've got a 63 reg 1.6 tdci and mine does the same, it's been like that ever since I got it in 2013. I even took it into ford under warranty and they said it's just a very efficient engine. Mine does the same on the motorway if there's any elevation it will drop down but if I go downhill it doesn't do it.

Thanks for your reply, that's interesting. It never did it for about five months of ownership and then began doing it, but with no notable performance or MPG drops. I won't worry anymore!