Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Air Grille

Alexis94040

Good evening to everyone!!!

I would like to ask:

Why are the radiator's grilles (or shutters i do not know the excact word about it,i hope that i have helped you a little) staying closed even if the engine has reached the specific coolant temperature?

When does these things open?

i rarely see them open even if the car has travelled a lot in heavy traffic conditions!!! 

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies!!!

They are known as Kysor Shutters or Active Grill Shutters. They are hardly ever fully open or fully closed and can be open by any amount in between. I think a lot depends on how hard you drive, town driving does not produce much heat.

When you start the car they should go through a self test where they fully open and close to check for obstructions or faults. When driving their opening position varies a lot and there is a position feedback sensor to check the desired verses actual opening. These positions can be monitored with FORScan if you are worried.

I'm sure a fault would be logged if they were not working as intended. 

• Thanks 1

First of all i would like to apologize for my poor english. I am greek and i do not speak the language very often.

Thanks a lot for your reply, i did not knew that it works that way.

I saw it sometimes half opened, or fully opened and i thought it may be  some kind of malfunction on its mechanism.

Now i am sure that there is no problem at all thanks to your information about it.

Have a nice day!!!

Greetings from Athens/Greece!

• Like 1

Your English is better than some of the natives and certainly better than my Greek!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd say better than a lot of the natives on this forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Writing in english in this club keeps me practicing a lot with the language!!!

If you like i can learn you some useful greek words!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club