Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto dimming mirror

Daves181

has anyone retrofit a auto dimming mirror when it is not originally fitted.

I have 2015 zetec, could one be fitted or not.where would the connector be to allow this to work as I thought all looms are the same. Is this correct?

Thanks

I am about to do this conversion to my MK3.5 ST-Line, plus rain sensor/auto lights.

The wiring will not be present, you will need to carefully remove wiring from the donor vehicle and note where the wiring goes to on the donor vehicle then retro fit to your vehicle.

The mirror will be plug and play, just a 12v feed as the sensor is in the mirror glass, rain sensor needs switching on in BCM configuration

• Like 1

Cheers Dave T70 for information. 

5 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

I am about to do this conversion to my MK3.5 ST-Line, plus rain sensor/auto lights.

The wiring will not be present, you will need to carefully remove wiring from the donor vehicle and note where the wiring goes to on the donor vehicle then retro fit to your vehicle.

The mirror will be plug and play, just a 12v feed as the sensor is in the mirror glass, rain sensor needs switching on in BCM configuration

do you know which pin does what on the autodimming mirror?

The one i have has 3 pins and i want to retrofit it, can i just connect it to the interior light 12v?

Hi, I'm not sure why it has three pins, but you can't connect it to the interior light. It needs to be connected to a switched live from either the Ignition or Aux supply.

If you did just connect it to the constant live from the interior light then it would be on all of the time and would drain your battery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi, I'm not sure why it has three pins, but you can't connect it to the interior light. It needs to be connected to a switched live from either the Ignition or Aux supply.

If you did just connect it to the constant live from the interior light then it would be on all of the time and would drain your battery.

that is a good point, i forgot that it's always on.

I'll just wire it to the ACC on the A pillar

Otomatik Kararan Dikiz Aynası Soketi ; Ortadaki Siyah kablo tavan lambasına giden siyah kablodan paralel alınmış (direkte alınabilir). Sağdaki Kahverengi kablo sağ direkte bulunan soketin sol alttan 2. Girişine girip , Arabaya giden soketin 6 numaralı yuvasına bağlanıyor. Soldaki Mor kablo ise sağ direkten aşağı inerek BCM C4 soketinin 16 numaralı yuvasına giriyor.

Dikiz Aynası Soketi.jpeg

And here's a translation via Google for those not familiar with Turkish.

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror Socket; The Black cable in the middle is taken in parallel from the black cable to the ceiling light (can be taken on the pole). The Brown cable on the right is inserted into the 2nd input from the bottom left of the socket on the right pole and connects to the 6th socket of the socket that goes to the car. The purple cable on the left goes down from the right pole and goes into socket 16 of the BCM C4 socket.

ScaniaPBman.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ScaniaPBman said:

And here's a translation via Google for those not familiar with Turkish.

That should be handy for people who are familiar with gibberish!

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Does anyone know the socket type/model in Dogukan07's picture?

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club