Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear selection issue - 2.0 Tdci 130bhp

NJT

HELP!!! 

I have issues with selecting 1st, 2nd or reverse gear when the car is cold.

So far the following has been tried...gearbox oil change using Ford oil, clutch bled, gear selector cables reset and even a change of actual gearbox!!! Nothing fixes this problem other than starting it in gear. Not much help when you are in traffic and going up and down the gears. I know it’s a common problem with Ford’s but no one seems to have a definite fix for it.

Hope someone can help before I head to the woods with a box of matches! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thanks in advance 🤞🏻

MODERATORS please take a look: Is this same thread running twice? I answered some questions but thery are not shown, but I can see DaveT70's answers. If I go back in my own history and come to this thread then I can see my answers but not DaveT70.

There are two copies of this thread, probably caused by the lag problems that have been reported when posting.

• Like 1

Hi DaveT70, just wondering have you had the same issue as this

Thank you 

On 4/8/2021 at 8:12 PM, NJT said:

Hi DaveT70, just wondering have you had the same issue as this

Thank you 

No, but the best way to check is engage each gear whilst the engine is off (jack the car up so the wheels turn, select each gear and see if it fully engages) if that is working ok you can rule out internal mechanical failure or selector issues.

If it won't engage gears whilst the engine is running, but will whilst it's not, then it's the clutch not disengaging fully

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club