Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Oil pressure warning

Tracy cooper

My low oil pressure warning came on Fiesta Eco Boost and the engine then started tapping. Been told I may need a new engine. But by garages before they have even taken a look. Is there any chance it can be something less serious ? 

Nope it sounds as serious as a new engine unfortunately.

1.0L ecoboost by any chance? You really have to keep ontop of regular maintenance to avoid degrading the wet belt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi There,

Couple of things to check and do before engine change, check oil level is correct if not then top up, check if oil clean or dirty from oil inlet cap (feel oil between

finger and thumb if gritty then change oil) Change oil using cheap oil and engine oil flush to clear out blocked oil tube filter within sump cover, At the same time also

change oil filter for new ones see what happens. If oil really dirty change oil and filter a couple of times to clear out dirty oil (Do this when engine warm not hot)

oil will be flowing easier. Hope this Helps  Henry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henryge said:

Hi There,

Couple of things to check and do before engine change, check oil level is correct if not then top up, check if oil clean or dirty from oil inlet cap (feel oil between

finger and thumb if gritty then change oil) Change oil using cheap oil and engine oil flush to clear out blocked oil tube filter within sump cover, At the same time also

change oil filter for new ones see what happens. If oil really dirty change oil and filter a couple of times to clear out dirty oil (Do this when engine warm not hot)

oil will be flowing easier. Hope this Helps  Henry

let me add any cheap oil ( with the correct viscosity grade ) to avoid damage to turbo bearings, ecoboost turbos are notorious for correct viscosity grade, damage can happen within several seconds.

3 hours ago, Henryge said:

Change oil using cheap oil and engine oil flush to clear out blocked oil tube filter within sump cover,

Engine oil flushes are highly damaging to this engine. They have a wet timing belt which will degrade into sludge if you use the wrong oil/ detergents. It's usually the cause of this issue in the first place.

• Like 1

Hi There, Forgot to mention using cheap oil but with correct viscosity grade and the wet timing belt can react to engine flush oil, My bad Your Good,

So just try engine oil changes to if it improves engine noise and clears low pressure light.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club