Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB Radio Logos and radio text - Sync 3.4

unofix
聽Share

The problems of the Logo's or lack of them seems to get more complex each update. Thanks to Colinmcg71 for the efforts he's gone to with keeping us updated with what is available.

After my last update I have some DAB stations with No Logo's (about half, kind of normal), some stations that only have a Logo when viewed in the home screen (Map/Radio), and lastly some stations with a Logo 馃檪.

On top of all that I have some stations that will only display the Radio Text (Programme and Track Playing) when it has no Logo, but if I retune I can have the same station with the Logo but no text !

Oh! and I nearly forgot I have one station 'Sun FM' that has two totally different Logos (one of them wrong) depending on what frequency I'm on.

How can it be this complex and difficult ? I'm not even going to mention whats going on over on the FM band, thats for another day.

• Like 1

Which build of 3.4 are you on? I went to 21020 on Monday and noticed that I don't seem to have the radio text anymore either, but do now have the logos聽馃槅

• Like 1

Hi Karl see attached for my current version of things

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

Hi @unofix

I have found that some toggles within Radio Settings affect logos and radio text.

I have Radio Logos enabled (obviously 馃槄), Radio Rext enabled, EPG disabled and Slideshow disabled.

With these settings I still have a few missing but all stations that have logos have both audio screen and home screen logos.

If I enable either or both of EPG & Slideshow the logo and radio text disappear from the audio screen and only the logo remains on the home screen.

• Thanks 1

Will investigate this interesting development now and will report back 馃榾

• Like 1

OK Colin so thats another pint I owe you 馃榾. I turned off the slide show and made sure Radio text was on and as if by magic the radio text has started to work on about 95% of DAB stations and it even works on most of the FM stations.

Now for the BIG one !! yes you are right the DAB station Logos have returned to about 80% of DAB stations and are even working on more than half of the FM stations.

So for all of you out there missing logos and radio text - Turn off the EPG and the Slideshow.聽 Make sure Radio Text and Radio Logos are on - sit back and enjoy

• Thanks 1

Ah thanks gents, I'll check these settings next time I'm in the car! 馃槃

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

OK Colin so thats another pint I owe you 馃榾. I turned off the slide show and made sure Radio text was on and as if by magic the radio text has started to work on about 95% of DAB stations and it even works on most of the FM stations.

Now for the BIG one !! yes you are right the DAB station Logos have returned to about 80% of DAB stations and are even working on more than half of the FM stations.

So for all of you out there missing logos and radio text - Turn off the EPG and the Slideshow.聽 Make sure Radio Text and Radio Logos are on - sit back and enjoy

Cheers! 馃榿馃嵒

• Like 1

My Focus has had three different radio logo files since I got it.

1U5T-14G658-AD version number 3.2.17353 built 5th December 2017.

1U5T-14G658-AE version number 3.2.19025 built 25th January 2019.

1U5T-14G658-AF version number 3.2.20141 built 6th May 2020.

Hopefully 'AG' will be along soon and fill in some of the missing logos.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, colinmcg71 said:

My Focus has had three different radio logo files since I got it.

1U5T-14G658-AD version number 3.2.17353 built 5th December 2017.

1U5T-14G658-AE version number 3.2.19025 built 25th January 2019.

1U5T-14G658-AF version number 3.2.20141 built 6th May 2020.

Hopefully 'AG' will be along soon and fill in some of the missing logos.

I鈥檓 glad you are on here聽to help us all.

Do Ford normally add the logo updates with the normal updates for sync?

also I鈥檓 going to ask a strange question, 聽what is Gracenote and does this ever get updated too?

thanks Daz聽

7 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

I鈥檓 glad you are on here聽to help us all.

Do Ford normally add the logo updates with the normal updates for sync?

also I鈥檓 going to ask a strange question, 聽what is Gracenote and does this ever get updated too?

thanks Daz聽

Hi Daz,

Since Ford released Sync 3.4 in the UK there have been two versions, 20136 and 20351. Neither of these has included a logo update on the Focus or Fiesta. I'm not sure about other models.

The Gracenote package is for album/artist artwork for the USB/Bluetooth media player. It contains聽album artwork for lots of popular music. It doesn't have as much for newer or more obscure stuff so it defaults to an artist or聽generic genre picture instead.

Cheers, Col.

• Like 1

Is it worth doing a full reset after each update, I've updated the Sync system twice and map once but never done a reset.

Many thanks

7 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

The Gracenote package is for album/artist artwork for the USB/Bluetooth media player. It contains聽album artwork for lots of popular music. It doesn't have as much for newer or more obscure stuff so it defaults to an artist or聽generic genre picture instead.

I turned off Gracenote, I find it gets the artist/album/genre wrong too often for the music I have on the USB

39 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

Is it worth doing a full reset after each update, I've updated the Sync system twice and map once but never done a reset.

Many thanks

Hi Geoff,聽

Master Reset is only required if you鈥檙e experiencing strange behaviour/bugs while using Sync.

If you do reset then you鈥檒l have to re-pair your phone to Sync鈥檚聽Bluetooth, remove your vehicle from FordPass and re-add it again (If you use FordPass) and re-authorise CarPlay or AndroidAuto.

Cheers,

Col

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

I turned off Gracenote, I find it gets the artist/album/genre wrong too often for the music I have on the USB

Same for me, Gracenote is particularly hopeless for my music. CarPlay all the way for me.

I've had no problem with missing DAB logos on 3.4 but the list any saved stations had vanished from the main screen until I looked on the smaller screen聽馃憣

On 4/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, unofix said:

Hi Andy (Kingfisher1967) - Colinmcg71 worked out how to get the full size logos back, see above

17 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Daz,

Since Ford released Sync 3.4 in the UK there have been two versions, 20136 and 20351. Neither of these has included a logo update on the Focus or Fiesta. I'm not sure about other models.

Cheers, Col.

Thanks for that Col. 聽I did often wonder. 聽

17 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Andy (Kingfisher1967) - Colinmcg71 worked out how to get the full size logos back, see above

Thanks, I鈥檒l be installing F10 maps during the week, so hopefully by the weekend I can get everything thing looking聽tickety boo. 馃憤馃徎馃馃徎

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi I have just updated 聽my st to sync 3.4 and F11, my logos have disappeared. So will try and follow Colin鈥檚 guide and let you know if it fixes it.馃