Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


DAB Radio Logos and radio text - Sync 3.4


Recommended Posts

The problems of the Logo's or lack of them seems to get more complex each update. Thanks to Colinmcg71 for the efforts he's gone to with keeping us updated with what is available.

After my last update I have some DAB stations with No Logo's (about half, kind of normal), some stations that only have a Logo when viewed in the home screen (Map/Radio), and lastly some stations with a Logo 🙂.

On top of all that I have some stations that will only display the Radio Text (Programme and Track Playing) when it has no Logo, but if I retune I can have the same station with the Logo but no text !

Oh! and I nearly forgot I have one station 'Sun FM' that has two totally different Logos (one of them wrong) depending on what frequency I'm on.

How can it be this complex and difficult ? I'm not even going to mention whats going on over on the FM band, thats for another day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which build of 3.4 are you on? I went to 21020 on Monday and noticed that I don't seem to have the radio text anymore either, but do now have the logos 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @unofix

I have found that some toggles within Radio Settings affect logos and radio text.

I have Radio Logos enabled (obviously 😅), Radio Rext enabled, EPG disabled and Slideshow disabled.

With these settings I still have a few missing but all stations that have logos have both audio screen and home screen logos.

If I enable either or both of EPG & Slideshow the logo and radio text disappear from the audio screen and only the logo remains on the home screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Colin so thats another pint I owe you 😀. I turned off the slide show and made sure Radio text was on and as if by magic the radio text has started to work on about 95% of DAB stations and it even works on most of the FM stations.

Now for the BIG one !! yes you are right the DAB station Logos have returned to about 80% of DAB stations and are even working on more than half of the FM stations.

So for all of you out there missing logos and radio text - Turn off the EPG and the Slideshow.  Make sure Radio Text and Radio Logos are on - sit back and enjoy

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, unofix said:

OK Colin so thats another pint I owe you 😀. I turned off the slide show and made sure Radio text was on and as if by magic the radio text has started to work on about 95% of DAB stations and it even works on most of the FM stations.

Now for the BIG one !! yes you are right the DAB station Logos have returned to about 80% of DAB stations and are even working on more than half of the FM stations.

So for all of you out there missing logos and radio text - Turn off the EPG and the Slideshow.  Make sure Radio Text and Radio Logos are on - sit back and enjoy

Cheers! 😁🍻 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Focus has had three different radio logo files since I got it.

1U5T-14G658-AD version number 3.2.17353 built 5th December 2017.

1U5T-14G658-AE version number 3.2.19025 built 25th January 2019.

1U5T-14G658-AF version number 3.2.20141 built 6th May 2020.

Hopefully 'AG' will be along soon and fill in some of the missing logos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, colinmcg71 said:

My Focus has had three different radio logo files since I got it.

1U5T-14G658-AD version number 3.2.17353 built 5th December 2017.

1U5T-14G658-AE version number 3.2.19025 built 25th January 2019.

1U5T-14G658-AF version number 3.2.20141 built 6th May 2020.

Hopefully 'AG' will be along soon and fill in some of the missing logos.

I’m glad you are on here to help us all.

Do Ford normally add the logo updates with the normal updates for sync?

 

also I’m going to ask a strange question,  what is Gracenote and does this ever get updated too?

 

thanks Daz 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

I’m glad you are on here to help us all.

Do Ford normally add the logo updates with the normal updates for sync?

 

also I’m going to ask a strange question,  what is Gracenote and does this ever get updated too?

 

thanks Daz 

Hi Daz,

Since Ford released Sync 3.4 in the UK there have been two versions, 20136 and 20351. Neither of these has included a logo update on the Focus or Fiesta. I'm not sure about other models.

The Gracenote package is for album/artist artwork for the USB/Bluetooth media player. It contains album artwork for lots of popular music. It doesn't have as much for newer or more obscure stuff so it defaults to an artist or generic genre picture instead.

Cheers, Col.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

The Gracenote package is for album/artist artwork for the USB/Bluetooth media player. It contains album artwork for lots of popular music. It doesn't have as much for newer or more obscure stuff so it defaults to an artist or generic genre picture instead.

 

I turned off Gracenote, I find it gets the artist/album/genre wrong too often for the music I have on the USB

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

Is it worth doing a full reset after each update, I've updated the Sync system twice and map once but never done a reset.

Many thanks

Hi Geoff, 

Master Reset is only required if you’re experiencing strange behaviour/bugs while using Sync.

If you do reset then you’ll have to re-pair your phone to Sync’s Bluetooth, remove your vehicle from FordPass and re-add it again (If you use FordPass) and re-authorise CarPlay or AndroidAuto.

Cheers,

Col

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, unofix said:

OK Colin so thats another pint I owe you 😀. I turned off the slide show and made sure Radio text was on and as if by magic the radio text has started to work on about 95% of DAB stations and it even works on most of the FM stations.

Now for the BIG one !! yes you are right the DAB station Logos have returned to about 80% of DAB stations and are even working on more than half of the FM stations.

So for all of you out there missing logos and radio text - Turn off the EPG and the Slideshow.  Make sure Radio Text and Radio Logos are on - sit back and enjoy

Hi Andy (Kingfisher1967) - Colinmcg71 worked out how to get the full size logos back, see above

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Daz,

Since Ford released Sync 3.4 in the UK there have been two versions, 20136 and 20351. Neither of these has included a logo update on the Focus or Fiesta. I'm not sure about other models.

The Gracenote package is for album/artist artwork for the USB/Bluetooth media player. It contains album artwork for lots of popular music. It doesn't have as much for newer or more obscure stuff so it defaults to an artist or generic genre picture instead.

Cheers, Col.

Thanks for that Col.  I did often wonder.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Andy (Kingfisher1967) - Colinmcg71 worked out how to get the full size logos back, see above

Thanks, I’ll be installing F10 maps during the week, so hopefully by the weekend I can get everything thing looking tickety boo. 👍🏻🤞🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership