Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Fiesta On all the time when running

John6177

No problems will let you all know what happens next

John Baylis

Hi,

Got an update on the fiesta fan issue, plugged in my scanner, which has not brought up any faults, changed the relay, and finally swapped over the fan.

When I plugged it in, I removed the air-con relay and put it back in again, the fan has not come on since, I have started it many times and even used it.

So fingers crossed it may have been solved, may have been a combination of problems. Thanks for all your thoughts and ideas which have guided me through this.

John

• Thanks 1

Hi John, glad to know you have got it sorted 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just an update on the fan Issue, annoyingly enough my car fan is back on all the time which sometimes turns off, then back on again., especially from cold, so far I have replaced my electric cooling fan as I did discover the plug was broken, Swapped the cooling fan relay several times and made no difference, coolant temperature sensor has been done. and still does it. All that's left is fixing the air-con which seems to have several pipes mangled under the engine and makes a clicking sound all the time and to replace the thermostat, which I am not sure may be causing Issues?.

What does everyone think of other potential factors.

Thanks

John

Is the ventilation control turned to the windscreen only position, if so turn it away to a different position.

Does this make a difference.

I will check this and see what happens.

John

On some models under certain conditions the heater control module can turn the AC on.

It was just a thought, I'm sure the fan issue is AC related especially since you said its making a clicking noise.
The only other thought apart from fixing the AC is removing the WOT relay from the relay box.

I have checked and it was on the windscreen setting, will test later and let you know how I get on.

Just a thought do you think it could be anything to do with the thermostat?

All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

John Baylis

Hi,

Tested the car and fan does still come on and then keep on turning off.

Just thought you should know.

John